PDA

View Full Version : anderson uztlias washout fixed yet?

buck nash
08-18-2014, 12:23 AM
Anyone been up the anderson river frs near boston bar.
Last time I was up there in june there was a washout at 13km.
I'm trying to get to a spot off the uztlias fsr to scout.

buck nash
08-18-2014, 10:32 AM
Any info here would be nice. It's a 4hr drive for me. I wanted to head out tomorrow and if its not fixed I will have to try somewhere else. I'll probably head north if that's not open.

I know you can get into that area from the other end but I have never been and I understand the rd is long and rough.

buck nash
08-18-2014, 08:35 PM
So......? Anyone got anything.

Fella
08-18-2014, 08:42 PM
Haven't been there since may, sorry man

howa1500
08-18-2014, 09:41 PM
Sorry dude, but is like to hear what you figure out

smoothbor
08-18-2014, 10:25 PM
Talked to a buddy that was there mid June and road was still washed out he said around 12km ish and that was about 14th of June that's the last I've heard,not a lot of help sorry

buck nash
08-18-2014, 11:59 PM
Talked to a buddy that was there mid June and road was still washed out he said around 12km ish and that was about 14th of June that's the last I've heard,not a lot of help sorry

yep I was there about that time. It was the last few days of spring bear season. The washout was at the 13km mark. Looked like some folks with quads had cut a few trees back to carve a trail so they could pass by. It actually looked like a truck got through too but the bank was undercut and although I was tempted to try it I thought better not to tempt fate.

Lots of fresh tracks on the other side of the washout so I know it came be reached from the other side but like I said, I've never been that way.

I might go up there this weekend and have a look. I'll bring my bicycle so if it is still out I can at least ride in and place my cams which ideally would've been up while ago.

That area's pissin me off lately anyhow. Last few times up there I've seen more wolf sign than deer or bear. Seems like the deer have their fawns there, hang out all summer then leave aug 31. I was hoping I could get in there bow season opening this year though.

Steeleco
08-19-2014, 08:01 AM
Go in from the Murray Maka area. I doubt the road will be fixed if at all unless there's an industrial reason to warrant spending the money? We use these roads, but they weren't made for us :(

caddisguy
08-19-2014, 09:08 AM
I'm interested to hear the report about the washout. A buddy of mine has a doe tag for that area. Wondering if the Jeep will go through it.

Only been up there once and it was almost a year ago, so I forget which road is which over in that maze. I remember going up Anderson, then driving up along some powerlines that come out to either Uztilius or Spius and then half a tank of gas later it got nice and muddy and it felt like Merritt. Funny I just found my dashcam footage the other day and threw up a compilation of timelapse clips on Youtube.

I saw a lot of equipment and some tree planters last time I was up there. I imagine there's still industrial reasons to get the road going again but if not, like Steeleco mentioned nobody will fix it for us. Anyone have pictures?

Fella
08-19-2014, 10:31 AM
I should mention that if you're trying to get in from the other side to bring a chainsaw. Lots of trees down in that area (this was back in May so it may have been cleaned up)

buck nash
08-19-2014, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the intel guys.

This area does have a lot of activity including hydro line maintenance so its a good chance that the rd has been repaired. Theres been minor washout every year in this exact spot and they always patch it up. Last summer they put in a new culvert but it was obviousl not enough.

Ill probably try it this weekend and if its still washed out then I'll have an excuse to go exploring.

buck nash
08-24-2014, 02:00 AM
Just got back.

The road is repaired. There's a crazy amount of logging activity up there right now.
They've got tons of new cuts, punching in new roads, building stuff everywhere.
If you don't have a radio, it's probably a good place to avoid. I saw dozens of trucks (pick-up, cement truck log hauling and various other equipment). Even Saturday was busy there.

On the plus side I got 5 bunnies, saw a lynx twice, and had a close encounter with a bear and a squirrel. The squirrel must have mistaken me for a log and jumped on me while I was having a mid-day nap by the creek. Then a bear came up the creek from upwind. He got to about ten yards when I smelled him, jumped up and shooed him away. Thats right I smelled him before he smelled me. Too funny.