PDA

View Full Version : Crown Land. North Vancouver

bangbangkhan
08-16-2014, 05:06 PM
Hello. I m looking for some crown land where I can tactics 400 and 500 yard shots. Is there any place between North vancouver and Squamish? Like some fsr that leads into the woods?

Thanks!!!!

blindcast
08-16-2014, 06:59 PM
Please do yourself and everybody else a favour. Don't practice your 400 and 500 yard tacticals along "some fsr that leads into the woods." There is a good range in Squamish and another in Coquitlam where you can do that kind of shooting without endangering the life of someone just out for a pleasant day in the bush.

bangbangkhan
08-16-2014, 07:41 PM
I wasn't planning on shhoting along the fsr. I just need a place to get in then I can hike in if need be. I am not planning on shooting near a town or highways.

The coquitl range was only 200 yards. And I didn't know about the Squamish range. Where's that at?

albravo2
08-16-2014, 09:36 PM
Please do yourself and everybody else a favour. Don't practice your 400 and 500 yard tacticals along "some fsr that leads into the woods." There is a good range in Squamish and another in Coquitlam where you can do that kind of shooting without endangering the life of someone just out for a pleasant day in the bush.

uh, why would you assume he is going to endanger anyone's life by shooting 400 or 500 yards?

squamish range, btw, is limited to 200 yards.

FSRs are a perfectly good place to practise longer shots.

olympia
08-16-2014, 10:38 PM
uh, why would you assume he is going to endanger anyone's life by shooting 400 or 500 yards?

squamish range, btw, is limited to 200 yards.

FSRs are a perfectly good place to practise longer shots.

its pretty self explanatory, the area in question is full of people and it could lead to someone wandering thru your shooting gallery 350 yards away and get popped in the neck with a 7mm cause someone watched the movie shooter and wants to try and learn how do a long distance shot to save the woman he loves from a group of ruffneck government secret agents who want to keep her quiet cause she stumbled across them in an alley talking about some high level stuff and ended up gasping and they heard her and she ran off but dropped her purse with her id in it and now they have tracked her down but him, his 7mm, face paint and his rambow knife have different plans....stay tuned

ducktoller
08-16-2014, 10:44 PM
mission is 300 yards. The squamish valley gets heavy usage this time of year.

bangbangkhan
08-17-2014, 08:38 AM
I guess I should forget about learning the full capabilities of my gun and scope then.

squamishhunter
08-17-2014, 08:42 AM
Best bet is probably the britannia mine fsr.

biggyun68
08-17-2014, 12:00 PM
I know of two perfect places for you:

Chilliwack range and the other one is on crown land in an FSR area: However the FSR has tremendous pressure from forestry, mining, hikers, fishers, other hunter shooters, land owners, off roaders, illegal dumpers, FN, mountain bikers, photographers etc... as does every FSR in BC right now!

The big complaint about the shooters is the following:
Leaving their crap everywhere
Taking no regard of other users and land owners of where they are shooting (its not whether you are save or not it it is they here bang and do not know where you are and assume the worst!)
And finally driving like an Ahole on the FSR and through the neighborhood roads (where you need to drive to access:)

Please take this as no offence but I do not know you and therefore will not risk my access being lost because of the potential of anothers actions. I know I am speaking for a lot of folks here.

If you truly are interested in learning about your rifle then why not explore the sight and go to the gun talk section and do a search on your topic... the either PM someone who knows what you want to know or maybe post about how to do it and it you can be tag along the next time they are at the range:

You will learn more being mentored by someone who has already figured out what you want to know than by experimenting by yourself up an FSR:

I am not trying to make you feel bad
I am hoping this helps you in your efforts to learn about your rig

bangbangkhan
08-17-2014, 01:31 PM
I understand. I am not offended the way you have put it. There are ways of communicating which some times elude people.

olympia
08-17-2014, 01:39 PM
I guess I should forget about learning the full capabilities of my gun and scope then.

you can do long range shooting without endangering others. Instead of answering the way you did, why not ask the guys here what the alternatives are, theres lots of experience here so just ask. You could avoid North Van area and go further out somewhere less populated like suggested above. Always be sure of your backstop and pick a place where you can see people coming in, the last thing you want is someone walking across your target and not knowing your there and vice versa. We will have an accident and then there will be a public outcry and then there will be more shooting bans ie:Sylvester road in mission and cat lake in squamish(dirt biker got shot)

bangbangkhan
08-17-2014, 02:40 PM
There only so much u can learn by reading books. I checked all ranges and the do not meet my requirement.

I didnt know there are mind readers on hbc. You just assumed what u like or how you perceive the world.

ducktoller
08-17-2014, 03:37 PM
There only so much u can learn by reading books. I checked all ranges and the do not meet my requirement.

I didnt know there are mind readers on hbc. You just assumed what u like or how you perceive the world.

You're still ignoring the option people are putting of places other that siskwz7mish
Squamish isn't conducive to safe long range work. The valley is heavily treed and the flat parts along the river are littered with fisherman.

We aren't against long range in the bush per se, more so some of us aren't recommending that locale

ducktoller
08-17-2014, 03:41 PM
http://www.pembertonwildlifeassociation.com/about/shooting-range/

485 yards up to 338lapua

Try having some graces next time you don't get the answer you need right away. An extra hour up the highway is no worse than finding ng a place in the bush. The burgers at the cafe right by tthepetrocan off 99 in pemberton are good and we'll sourced. Sometimes you'll get reallll good looking ladies of good stock in there

ducktoller
08-17-2014, 03:43 PM
Burger place is 'mile one' if I recall

bangbangkhan
08-17-2014, 03:43 PM
Ok. Thank you for the info. I will avoid squamish and seek other alternatives.

hardnocks
08-17-2014, 04:22 PM
wow so much for a friendly site..what was wrong with what the op asked ! most long range shooters in this prov. shoot on powerlines and cutblocks.

olympia
08-17-2014, 11:59 PM
wow so much for a friendly site..what was wrong with what the op asked ! most long range shooters in this prov. shoot on powerlines and cutblocks.

nothing wrong with what the op asked, he got an answer which wasn't what he thought would be ideal for his circumstance so he got defensive. All we said was pick a different spot in the name of safety, that's all. Doesn't Chilliwack have a 600 yard range? if so go there or wherever it was I know there is one out there somewhere for long range shooting I just cant remember right now

Gateholio
08-18-2014, 05:58 AM
Got a couple of PMs about this. We have a 500 yard range in Pemberton. It's not perfectly flat, has an incline to it, but it's there and it's safe.

We don't do "day passes" but if you get a few guys together that want to do a day of long range shooting there, you can contact me through my website www.whistlershooting.com and we can set something up.

You could start a thread here if you want. Having 4-6 guys to share the travel and range costs would be ideal.

bangbangkhan
08-18-2014, 08:52 AM
nothing wrong with what the op asked, he got an answer which wasn't what he thought would be ideal for his circumstance so he got defensive. All we said was pick a different spot in the name of safety, that's all. Doesn't Chilliwack have a 600 yard range? if so go there or wherever it was I know there is one out there somewhere for long range shooting I just cant remember right now

I didn't get defensive for not getting the right answer...just the way it was delivered. Some people assumed here that i am going in the bush and will be spraying bullets everywhere. lol Anyways some people did point me in the right directions. so all is well that ends well.

And Chilliwack range is only 200 yards.

charlie_horse
08-18-2014, 09:49 AM
Lots of areas up the mamquam fsr where you won't endanger anyone. Can be busy though...if you can hunt out there then you can shoot. If you go even farther up skookumchuck then there is even more areas and way less people.