PDA

View Full Version : Reserve land near Spences Bridge

RoscoeP
08-15-2014, 10:59 AM
I have been looking into doing a few days 4 hunting near Spences Bridge. Say between Lytton and Cache Creek and up the Nickola Valley. I just noticed on a map I have that there seems to be a lot of native land or reservations in this area. Some roads seem to cross these areas but is there open access across this land? Has anyone here hunted this area and what is the situation in these regards and how is the hunting? Thanks Roscoe

scretch
08-15-2014, 11:17 AM
The FSR that leads from Spences Bridge along Murray Creek passes through Reserve Land about 1km. north of town and it has a gate at this boundary which so far has always being open. Have shot a few deer and grouse over the years but lately seen more bears around the creeks but we don't shoot them.

bighornbob
08-15-2014, 12:36 PM
Reserve Land is considered private so legally speaking you have to ask permission to cross the reserve land. Does anyone actually do it, no.. But its still the law. Have heard of CO"s giving out trespassing tickets if you did not have written permission. This only happened when the band in question complained.

BHB