PDA

View Full Version : Machine gunning Wolves from Chopper

pete_k
08-13-2014, 11:08 PM
Check out this petition. I found it while I was searching for the "Support the Grizzly Hunt" petition.
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/stop-the-british-columbia-wolf-hunt.html

The petition in this link states that BC conservationists are machine gunning entire packs of wolves from helicopters.
It's obvious anyone can post anything they want on this petition site.
The thing is. Many people believe what they read on the net. It has over 16,000 signatures. At least 16,000 people in BC believe this
statement to be true. And this is how at least 16,000 people perceive hunters.

It may not hurt if the BCWF started an ad campaign about hunting and conservation. With a bit of emphasis on the very strict
rules and regulations to which we hunters adhere. Touching on things like machine guns are prohibited in Canada. Hunting from a helicopter
is prohibited, even if you use one to get to your hunting spot. It's not allowed. Killing an entire pack is illegal (if it's over the bag limit).

I was quite surprised that so many people are uninformed or don't bother to check the legitimacy of such powerfully damaging statements.

Singleshotneeded
08-13-2014, 11:26 PM
I commented on how the petition was full of drama and lies...wonder how long my post will stay up? lol

Ry151
08-13-2014, 11:39 PM
Yes hunting from a helicopter is illegal but if the ministry says you can do it for them then it's ok. Obviously the ordinary person can not hire a helicopter and do this but the ministry might hire company's to do it. They net gun animals all the time but I have never herd of the ministry allowing wolfs to be shot from aircraft with machine guns.

Singleshotneeded
08-13-2014, 11:43 PM
As far as I know the B.C. government isn't currently machine gunning wolves from choppers...

olympia
08-14-2014, 12:00 AM
what kind of guns they using?

boxhitch
08-14-2014, 06:38 AM
Click on the link to the author , and jab back.

bridger
08-14-2014, 07:18 AM
Good idea. Will pass it along

steel_ram
08-14-2014, 07:23 AM
Some people think an Armalite is a machine gun because it looks so evil.

Ozone
08-14-2014, 07:28 AM
Maybe we should start a petition to machine gun wolves from helicopters?

boxhitch
08-14-2014, 07:41 AM
Just saw the date on this one , published Nov 2012 , but still getting support . Talk about a slow festering sore

skibum
08-14-2014, 09:45 AM
This is exactly the way you bring attention to something. First you must keep your message simple to build outrage. Don't try and explain anything, people will loose interest very quick. Simple message, people click on it. "Machine gun wolves from Helicopters" Grabs attention

Try and explain the real issue behind wolves and educate - loose attention very quickly. Simplify, Simplify, Simplify. That is how you get your message across. Governments use it all the time.

I think explaining the wolf issue to the public is a lost cause - too complicated vs. the simple "slaughter of wolves" message

08-14-2014, 09:49 AM
Anti-hunting groups have never let the truth get in the way of their propaganda.

finngun
08-14-2014, 10:48 AM
are they hiring gunners:mrgreen::confused: i'm volunteering...military training behind..:) what is easier dead for wolf-- poisoning---or bullet

08-14-2014, 11:07 AM
Signed......

Singleshotneeded
08-14-2014, 12:42 PM
Well I'm surprised, my common sense post is still up in the comments section! :-)

killer_shot
08-14-2014, 10:08 PM
Wish they would, my friend lives in blue river they haven't seen a moose in years. They told me that there was a count done between clearwater and valemont. which count some 80 wolves 3 moose. hmmm seems a little obvious the reason. But i guess this is nothing new as my older friend recalls a similar spike in wolf population that led to culling seems public opinion and wolf population move up and down with the times. I vote that no one who lives in the lower mainland should have a say in the rest of the province. I know many of you do but 99% of people there don't have a clue about the rest of the province.

M.Dean
08-17-2014, 12:49 PM
I could see folks complaining if they were using a Huey with two 50 Caliber machine guns,and run the wolves down out onto frozen lakes,then cut the packs into tiny bits of bloody fur, I'd still agree with it tho! I wonder why they don't lace thousands of pounds of fresh meat with a real good poison, then drop that around where the wolf packs live??? Or, I'm sure our friends in the US of A would lend us a few hundred Homatock missiles, hell it'd make some real nice open meadow spaces out there after the missile strikes the center of the pack in the deep forests and new growth started again!