PDA

View Full Version : Guy shot a spike muley today.

Kami
08-13-2014, 07:38 PM
He was a Canadian male, mid 20's. That's all I'm gonna say.
A spiker mule deer. Come on man. Really? Can't hold out for
better than that? No point reporting it. Certain Canadian hunters
can do as they please, whenever they please. Thing must
have weighed in 100 lbs alive.

monasheemountainman
08-13-2014, 07:40 PM
So why not report it? If he's native and it's legal then what's the problem

lorneparker1
08-13-2014, 07:41 PM
Sweet post man. Super helpful and inspiring.

000buck
08-13-2014, 07:42 PM
For sure. I prefer to shoot smaller deer because I just don't need that much of it and they taste better. What's the problem.

ruger#1
08-13-2014, 07:43 PM
He was a Canadian male, mid 20's. That's all I'm gonna say.
A spiker mule deer. Come on man. Really? Can't hold out for
better than that? No point reporting it. Certain Canadian hunters
can do as they please, whenever they please. Thing must
have weighed in 100 lbs alive. Are you sure he wasn't French Canadian?

Hunter Dog
08-13-2014, 07:50 PM
Was this in Canada somewhere? Maybe in Germany?

Hunter Dog
08-13-2014, 07:52 PM
Forgot to say...PETA FREAKIN TROLL!!!!

000buck
08-13-2014, 07:54 PM
I hear the virtual toilet flushing here!

Kami
08-13-2014, 07:55 PM
It's frustrating guys. I want to say more. There's no point. Just frustrated. I should have said nothing I guess. It is a useless uninspiring thread.
I just don't know where to vent sometimes, as a hunter. Thought my fellow hunters here may get it. I am sure you do. Just nothing to be done
or said I guess. I suppose it was legal. I just don't agree with the law I guess is what it comes down to. No troll here. Ya this thread is sunk I guess.

bc_buckshot
08-13-2014, 07:59 PM
Didnt happen unless there is..... PICS... Sorry kami scammy

Kami
08-13-2014, 08:00 PM
LOL. Ok no pics. It never happened then. S-Kammi

hunter1993ap
08-13-2014, 08:05 PM
are you kidding me? everyone has been on a roll saying one land one law and then a guy kills a spike in the summer and guys are playing the "its legal all good card". if certain user groups keep killing out of season and the rest of Canadians are trying to maintain our wildlife people are going to be frustrated. i don't understand how anyone can support these types of activities. complete bs, and the sad part is i cant see anything changing.

mikeboehm
08-13-2014, 08:06 PM
Was it a legal deer. Then shut your trap. Hunting is hunting. I shoot for the meat. Its the way I was brought up. Ill always shoot a spike for my first deer if I have the opportunity. Way better meat.

Jelvis
08-13-2014, 08:08 PM
Can't beat a button buck for world class tender tasty venison.
The Kings of Old would have killed for it.
Jel

Darksith
08-13-2014, 08:14 PM
First off...deer don't have a mismanagement issue...now if it was a cow moose in the chilcotin then maybe its worth posting, but really its almost time. The FN will start to harvest soon, they always do. I have no concerns with them taking a small buck. Do I want one law...of course, but I will also pick my battles and this ain't it, especially with all the other stuff happening. This thread shouldn't turn into a shyteshow, its not worth it.

adriaticum
08-13-2014, 08:16 PM
Have you been partying with Marc Emery?

Whonnock Boy
08-13-2014, 08:16 PM
I understand where you are coming from Kami. Some call it legal, some call it discrimination.

Kami
08-13-2014, 08:20 PM
Did not mean to start a shyte show. Sorry guys. I guess it was the other things he said that pi$$ed me off. I withheld posting those comments. I now risk again be called a troll I suppose for bringing up more details, but refusing to elaborate. I personally find it frustrating. Sure he can legally shoot a deer. His further comments were salt in the wound. Sort of a snub nose remark that I took personal. Forget it. Close this thread. Not worth starting a mess here. I just wish we had one law for all.

Jelvis
08-13-2014, 08:22 PM
Dark you make a good point in your post. About deer not being a issue of mismanagement. Not like it was a sheep or a moose or elk calf.
If it was a young Indian he or she will eat it with the family.
Youth and Bow hunting will be on in two weeks also in Kamloops. Sept 1
Check regs for actual dates and bag limit.
One game warden here said the same thing, shoot the deer there's lots and leave the sheep if yah would? This CO had the right answer.
Shoot deer for sustenance the meat is good to taste.
I dug that.
Jel -- In Kamloops High Country

000buck
08-13-2014, 08:24 PM
Well it wasn't a shite show at first. The size of the deer was in question at first it's now become about First Nation hunting. Sorry dude this kind of stuff always gets weird.

r106
08-13-2014, 08:25 PM
I understand where you are coming from Kami. Some call it legal, some call it discrimination.

X2.

I don't have an issue with a spiker being shot i have an issue with 2 sets of rules. One set of rules for all Canadians

Darksith
08-13-2014, 08:28 PM
Well it wasn't a shite show at first. The size of the deer was in question at first it's now become about First Nation hunting. Sorry dude this kind of stuff always gets weird.

we do not question what someone decides to harvest, as long as its legal. You want to take a spiker that is awesome, thats your choice. You want to eat tag soup unless you find a monster, again that is your choice. We as a community have worked hard to learn to not criticize someones legal choice. Its a much better place because of it.

r106
08-13-2014, 08:30 PM
Did not mean to start a shyte show. Sorry guys. I guess it was the other things he said that pi$$ed me off. I withheld posting those comments. I now risk again be called a troll I suppose for bringing up more details, but refusing to elaborate. I personally find it frustrating. Sure he can legally shoot a deer. His further comments were salt in the wound. Sort of a snub nose remark that I took personal. Forget it. Close this thread. Not worth starting a mess here. I just wish we had one law for all.

If you want us to understand what happened then the whole story would help, not just a small piece.

fuzzybiscuit
08-13-2014, 08:37 PM
X2.

I don't have an issue with a spiker being shot i have an issue with 2 sets of rules. One set of rules for all Canadians

X-Zarchary! Pretty simple.