PDA

View Full Version : Home made archery/xbox target?

Darksith
08-12-2014, 08:50 PM
Anyone make their own target? I just purchased a xbow, it shoots 365fps. Would love to make my own target, it doesn't have to be pretty, it doesn't have to last a life time...looking for something quick, cheap, and easy to get sighted in. Im thinking rigid foam board glued together possibly, or a bail of hay, although I question ease of retrieval of my bolt? Any ideas or thoughts?

Steelpulse
08-12-2014, 09:00 PM
Big bag of sawdust? Bail of hay works im pretty sure, or a. Big block of floating dock foam works as well

StoneChaser
08-12-2014, 09:12 PM
You'll lose your bolts in a hay bale, and high density foam is expensive. The best is a cardboard box or feed sack STUFFED full of clothes or shrink wrap/plastic bags. Cheap, effective, and super easy arrow removal.

wrenchhead
08-13-2014, 06:06 AM
The kids will hate you at first for shooting their xbox, but in the long run you are doing them a favour.

Stone Sheep Steve
08-13-2014, 06:20 AM
Large Burlap sack stuffed with plastic shopping bags. Will cost you less than $2. Buy a few bags at a time and store your target out of the sun

SSS

dakoda62
08-13-2014, 06:27 AM
Cut up strips of "Donnacona Board" Stack em into 8" strips.

IslandBC
08-13-2014, 09:26 AM
I just made my own target yesterday using an old plastic bedding set case. It's see through plastic so I spray painted the inside face fluorescent green. Made a few boxes with painters tape on the front and spray painted flat black. When paint is dry, remove tape. (Primer and paint spray for plastics). Then I outlined the back with a thick cardboard , sandwiched a whack load of old clothing and bedding sheets between another thick layer of cardboard in a pillow case. Then just zip it up! Worked great. No reeding on arrows stuck in cloth. I'll attempt to post a picture