PDA

View Full Version : Finally...5-04 Moose success.

Long bow
08-12-2014, 12:03 PM
Just called in to find out that my son and I got drawn for our old hunting grounds in 5-04. Map and details of which areas to stay out of this week by mail ...Its still a pain after 15 years plus of hunting in there, we need to bend like this...Its not even about the hunt anymore,,,we are familiar with the area..safe there..and if you tell the crew you are goin to grouse stump, or moose rock..we know where you are. Any animals or birds harvested are a bonus..the dogs get a run, we get away from the phones...and now...we go in apprehensive, have to leave a sentry in camp..Let the fun begin...still, in the end thankfull and grateful we got tags...SSS ;o)

Jelvis
08-12-2014, 12:43 PM
That's cool long bow you guys got lucky in the Leh moose draw congrats
Finally came through for you this season, enjoy it to the limits.
Jel -- Good luck for you and son in 5-04 Leh moose hunt ------take some pix

Long bow
08-12-2014, 10:56 PM
Thanks Jel...appreciate the good luck wishes..will try for pics..

pg83
08-13-2014, 02:27 AM
I'm in a similar boat Long bow. We have property within the Proven Title Area and have hunted there for 30 years. I have a few honey holes I hope to still be able to use. I plan on hunting Mule deer and trying to get my little brother a goat in the begining of September. I will be going to the band office and trying to gather whatever info I can from them at that point. I'll sure as hell be back in October for my moose draw as well, whether I am able to hunt on title land or not. It will be an interesting year.

markomoose
08-13-2014, 11:07 AM
Just checked LEH online .Got a bull draw in 5-05 nov1-15.Very cool.