PDA

View Full Version : looking for a dirt road is squamish

toad
08-10-2014, 10:11 AM
Going to the Squamish music fest. I Was supposed to be staying at friends but something came up and she wont be there. So im just looking for fsr to go and park my truck down. Dont need anything special not looking for your hunting spots or fishing holes...just a quiet for some zzzz's but of course there is always a rod in the truck...thx in advance

albravo2
08-10-2014, 10:42 AM
Lots to choose from. Closest is probably the Mamquam/Stawamus FSR just south of town.

Lots of kids and dogs, not to mention police and roadblocks, on the road so please be careful.

Have fun!

Amphibious
08-10-2014, 01:37 PM
It is a shitshow of biblical proportions in Squamish right now. Good luck.

toad
08-14-2014, 04:27 PM
lol In my opinion it was a chit show but well organized.... for a relatively small town to double in size for a weekend it was crazy I was there less than 24hours but thought it was well organized and think highly of the city to give up every piece of lawn (I would say grass but it will go sideways) it has to campers and the venue.....WELL DONE SQUAMISH.......Kudos...... I was there to see Eminem only....and it was awesome....he put on a amazing show.....lol pretty sure theres not many Eminem fans here....I did find a place to crash lol downtown Squamish in the box of my truck (its set up well tho) then spent a night in whistler and caught the beginning of crankworks. the night after was on Vidette lake up in Deadman (aka center of the universe) and last night was In Donald at on bluewater creek.....nuff about eminem whos ready to start blasting elk in 26 days......

pmj
08-14-2014, 09:05 PM
That sounds like an awesome trip toad. :cool: Good on you. Deadman Valley is a really nice place any time of the year.
I wonder where Eminem stayed in Vancouver? I wonder how many of these famous folks pass through with out having a chance to see what we have here?

Bear Brawler
08-14-2014, 11:01 PM
I live a 5 minute walk from where the festival was and yes it was way less of a pian in the ass than I expected. Buy someone should've told eminem where he was, Squamish was pissed he kept calling out Vancouver.

toad
08-15-2014, 04:12 AM
Yeh don't blame squamish for that....everyone around us kept screaming squamish when he did that...

Gateholio
08-15-2014, 09:00 AM
Both Squamish and Pemberton festivals were very well done it seems. Much different from the first PemFest which was a nightmare.