PDA

View Full Version : Kamloops Lake Sheep

BigfishCanada
08-10-2014, 07:53 AM
Every year I get the call from the luckiest LEH draw SHEEP winners about renting my houses, and when talking sheep, although I have filmed monster sheep every year I have never gotten an LEH

SO my question is, if you or I did win that draw how would you hunt it?

I think the top down would be best, but I would like to take a boat along the lake first to see whats moving along the hill. Then once i see some good herds, a small mini bike or im thinking just my good old boots. The one thing I tell the guys are a suggestion they have some sort of leather gators cause I have seen snakes on that hill.

Maybe map it out, create a grid and scout east to west? Ive seen trophies right on the road so i think it comes down to some luck also

wrenchhead
08-10-2014, 09:47 AM
Park at the lookout above the lake on the highway, and glass away. Should be able to find them, then make the play from the top or bottom depending where the animals are.

Jelvis
08-10-2014, 11:03 AM
Drive up Sabaston creek you'll see them by the road there.

Kami
08-10-2014, 09:32 PM
I'd jump in my boat, like I always do in August and Sept. Crank some tunes, water-ski, swim, sun tan, relax on Kamloops lake. A couple of beers. Pull up to a nice beach light the hibachi slow grill some steaks. Glass for sheep. More beers. Spot said sheep. Zip across lake. Put on boots and slip on my rifle. Hike up. Pop me some big a$$ ram. Call a buddy with a truck. Some celebratory photos. Send him to my home in Kamloops with said big a$$ ram. Back to boating on Kamloops lake. Tie up with other friends boats. More loud music, celebration time. I am picturing a 30 deg day in mid Sept. Full moon coming up over Kamloops by now. We power home, up the river in the dark to the boat launch in Pioneer park. Load up drive 10 mins home.

Yup up that's how I'd do that one.

junkyard_g
08-12-2014, 01:57 PM
clever advertisement ;-)