PDA

View Full Version : monster elk

scuba
03-05-2007, 09:49 PM
don' know the story, thought i'd pass on the pictures. it came with the title 540 bull elk

30-06
03-05-2007, 09:50 PM
that thing is F***ing Huge

scuba
03-05-2007, 09:51 PM
the other picture

3kills
03-05-2007, 09:55 PM
does this one have his own food dish too???

Benthos
03-05-2007, 10:02 PM
just looks big. the guy is actually a midget:)

bsa30-06
03-05-2007, 10:43 PM
does this one have his own food dish too???

Being that big i doubt it's a dish , more like a trof.:lol:

cowboy-up69
03-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Game farm elk I bet!!!

elkguide
03-05-2007, 11:43 PM
I'm not sure if its the same elk , but I read in petersons hunting journal a few months back about a 500 plus elk shot in Idaho last fall. Either way holy sh&t that is a big bull. aaarghragh homer like elk.

.30 Rem Shooter
03-06-2007, 12:26 AM
...sweet babies...

hunter1947
03-06-2007, 05:41 AM
A few months ago i was dreaming of an elk like that one ,but i never did get to shoot him in this dream ,probably never will ,LOL. That is some set of antlers ,only in my dreams :-( ,and on in my dreams. hunter 1947.

mark
03-06-2007, 08:24 AM
Looks part caribou, never seen palmating elk antlers before! Hope its not another farm elk.

tangozulu
03-06-2007, 10:07 AM
I'm not sure if its the same elk , but I read in petersons hunting journal a few months back about a 500 plus elk shot in Idaho last fall. Either way holy sh&t that is a big bull. aaarghragh homer like elk.

The Idaho bull was a farm raised Quebec bull. This photo I have also seen before.......................it was suppose to be farm raised too.
Makes me sick

Rainwater
03-06-2007, 10:26 AM
"as he lowered his head into the beet bucket, hell there I go again!

Fisher-Dude
03-06-2007, 10:41 AM
Looks part caribou, never seen palmating elk antlers before! Hope its not another farm elk.

They are raising hybrids on elk farms? It's an elkibou? Does Tinney know about this? Are there fields full of elkibou? :confused:

You just set that one up, didn't ya Mark! :wink:

elkguide
03-06-2007, 04:21 PM
They are raising hybrids on elk farms? It's an elkibou? Does Tinney know about this? Are there fields full of elkibou? :confused:

You just set that one up, didn't ya Mark! :wink: We need to get tinney back to liven things up....I'm sure he's watchin the feilds of mcbride waiting to give us some pics. Elkibou.....I love it .....LMAO

dana
03-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Farm-raised roid freak. The guy actually tried to pass it off as wild and entered it into the Big Bull Contest on MM. If my memory is correct, it was taken off a high-fenced farm in CO.

Franko Manini
03-06-2007, 05:16 PM

You just set that one up, didn't ya Mark! :wink:

Come on... everyone knows it's not an elikbou...

It's a caribelk! :lol:

RiverOtter
03-06-2007, 05:34 PM
We need to get tinney back to liven things up....I'm sure he's watchin the feilds of mcbride waiting to give us some pics. Elkibou.....I love it .....LMAO

He's probably already back, we just won't recognize him for a couple days though because he'll be signed up under another handle.
It may take more than another "Hybrid" thread to root him out.............but probably not:lol: :lol:

RO

Gateholio
03-06-2007, 05:35 PM
I have it on good authority that the elk pictured is a 100% wild elk............I'm serious.

dana
03-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Gate,
Sorry to say your good authority isn't so good. Several pics of that bull appear on the website of the Canned Hunt Ranch that it was killed on.

Gateholio
03-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Nope, it's 100% for sure wild.......I'm serious.8-)

chevy
03-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Farm elk and deer and anything farm raised i have no interest in i think it is BS

300 wsm
03-06-2007, 06:51 PM
game farms high fence bull sh!t

Chuck
03-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Caribelk......Elkibou......Now I have to change my shorts ..again. Some of you guys will cause me to have a fit one day! Thanks! I can't think of a better way to go...sitting here.

greybark
03-07-2007, 04:50 PM
:lol: While my wife was grocery shopping I checked out the "Magazine" section . A very thick hunting magazine with a promenant MZL hunter on the cover caught my eye . Inside were also several full page adds about Estate Hunting of these very monster elk posted here(next to a their full blown hunt artical) .
:evil: To lend some credence to this "CANNED FARM HUNT' they are now calling this an "ESTATE HUNT" and are trying to establish their ESTATE HUNT RECORD BOOK .
:lol: Lets see now this record book could be called
--------------The Ive got money to waste book
--------------Records of the rich and inept hunter
----Any other titles come to mind ?????

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingetab On --

Gateholio
03-07-2007, 05:05 PM
:lol: While my wife was grocery shopping I checked out the "Magazine" section . A very thick hunting magazine with a promenant MZL hunter on the cover caught my eye . Inside were also several full page adds about Estate Hunting of these very monster elk posted here(next to a their full blown hunt artical) .
:evil: To lend some credence to this "CANNED FARM HUNT' they are now calling this an "ESTATE HUNT" and are trying to establish their ESTATE HUNT RECORD BOOK .
:lol: Lets see now this record book could be called
--------------The Ive got money to waste book
--------------Records of the rich and inept hunter
----Any other titles come to mind ?????

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingetab On --

You mean Big Game Adventures?

I stopped buying that when it became apparent it was more advertising than content, and 70% of the content was about "Estate" hunting....

And the editor was trying to put some positive spin on idigenous species in captivity?

greybark
03-07-2007, 07:31 PM
:lol: Hey Gatehouse , Yup and like you I could not buy it...
OHHH another Record Book title ----- Hunting for Rich Dummies

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

RiverOtter
03-07-2007, 08:03 PM
BGA used to be a decent magazine with good stories, very little advertising with no non-hunting advertising. l enjoyed the sheep, elk, moose and bear stories, but like you guys figured out, every issue got a bit more canned, less wild and every issue has more ads in it than the last.

If you don't buy the latest "Shockey on the cover" issue, at least read pages 10+11 about the publishers near death experience on a canned buffalo hunt. Seems these critters aren't that tame afterall, especially when wounded with a bow first.:rolleyes:

RO

tangozulu
03-07-2007, 09:33 PM
I use to like Big Game Adventures. Even had a friend writing for it. Now its pure crap and a detriment to hunting everywhere. I won't buy it.
Canned huntin is not hunting.

30-06
03-07-2007, 10:00 PM
I was just reading my latest edition on Big Game Adventures Magazine and that elk is in there for an add of a Colorado Elk Farm..yuo can hunt elk and bison there.....that is one nice looking farm elk tho..Shot with a Bow to

dana
03-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Really hard to walk up on them when they have their head stuck in the feed trough. Killing them with a bow, now that is a real feat eh?

Alpine85
03-07-2007, 11:03 PM
Really hard to walk up on them when they have their head stuck in the feed trough. Killing them with a bow, now that is a real feat eh?

I can see it already......"new world record elk taken with a hammer and apple"

Gateholio
03-08-2007, 12:16 AM
:lol: Hey Gatehouse , Yup and like you I could not buy it...
OHHH another Record Book title ----- Hunting for Rich Dummies

-

I don't care if they are rich or poor..It's not the tax bracket that makes you a dummy.:lol:

Gateholio
03-08-2007, 12:24 AM
I use to like Big Game Adventures. Even had a friend writing for it. Now its pure crap and a detriment to hunting everywhere. I won't buy it.
Canned huntin is not hunting.

yes, I have had several friends (mostly guide buddies) that used to pen stories for them in the past.

Now, it's just not a great magazine for most hunters, it's not even a "hey look at this hunt in XXXXXX..I can dream about it, or maybe if I save for it I can do it..."

Now it is "Estate hunting is good- and ground breaking...And we have tons of ads..and a few expensive fair chase hunts thrown in too.."

I am almost 100% sure that the owner is making far more money than the previous owner, so in a business sense, it is a sucess.

I don't begrudge those that wish to hunt on "estates" I woudl do it myself for fun and a fun way to get some meat, for certain types of species (like boars) but I dont' really see the thrill of shooting a huge animal like an elk (or even a whitetail) in a 100 acre enclosure. But hey, if you do it - that is fine- if there is no disease- just dont' call it "hunting"

hunter1947
03-08-2007, 05:12 AM
I would not pay one penny for any kind of a hunt ,i would only pay me to get to my hunting place :lol: hunter 1947.