PDA

View Full Version : Access to Noel Mt. and Waterfalls Peak

TravisC
08-07-2014, 03:02 PM
I've been drawn for Noel Mt area goat. I'm wondering if anyone has travelled the noel creek fsr lately? How far can you travel passed the sunshine trail / noel creek fork? Any suggestions on access for hiking this area? Has anyone hiked up to noel Mt peak? Where did you come in from noel creek or Carl creek or up off the old Hurley? basically I'm looking for info as to, is it possible to set up a base camp and do daily hikes up? Or to stay up and do spike camps for the 4 days I get to hunt this year for my goat? That's two different styles of packing for this trip?

Thank you.

TravisC

burger
08-08-2014, 11:21 PM
Was up Noel two years ago. Road ended a ways backback. Plan on staying away from truck. Was too far to go back and forth. Saw a bunch of goats one bedded about 200 meters from bottom of creek bed. Saw it while glassing but though hey a boulder. Didn't realize until way too late to make a move on him. Never moved for 5 hours. Gone the next day

Got a draw this year for 3-33c. Other side of hurley

TravisC
08-11-2014, 02:11 PM
I was reading on a fsr site that the access rd for Nole creek has been permanently deactivated around the 8 km mark can anyone confirm that? That would set me back a ways if I cant drive to the end of the road to where i'd like to start my hike towards waterfalls peak.

burger
08-11-2014, 04:21 PM
I was reading on a fsr site that the access rd for Nole creek has been permanently deactivated around the 8 km mark can anyone confirm that? That would set me back a ways if I cant drive to the end of the road to where i'd like to start my hike towards waterfalls peak.

That is about where we were stopped. Not sure of exact KM marker but it is a huge deactivation.

Farmer
08-12-2014, 10:05 AM
That is about where we were stopped. Not sure of exact KM marker but it is a huge deactivation.

Was that where the road was sliding downhill? It was kind of sketchy 20 years ago.

TravisC
09-15-2015, 01:49 PM
Maps show a snowmobile trail coming from the Hurley and heading north through to noel fsr. Anyone know if this is passable with a quad when there is no snow or would it just be a snow trail pass that sleds would use? Is the blockade passible with quad or sxs coming south from Bralorne?