PDA

View Full Version : Costal Grizz free fishing trip

riflebuilder
08-07-2014, 05:09 AM
Well the LEH Gods smiled upon my brother and myself so we get to go chase the big coastal grizzlies again. Only problem is I am up against a hard time crunch on a major building project so time is going to be very limited.

So here is the deal. I have a 34' Sea Ray in Port McNeil that needs to go to Bella Coola or Rivers Inlet. So I am looking for someone willing to go fishing for a few days and cruise the boat up there. It is fully equipped with all the gear you need. Rods, prawn and crab traps, power puller etc. So if there is an experienced crew needing a fishing trip let me know. The boat is ready to go and in Port McNeil with full tanks of diesel.

Help a guy out go fishing it is an act of service how can the wife say no to helping out those in need.

riflebuilder
08-07-2014, 06:11 AM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/thumbs/PF3998_Freedom_02.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=31237&title=34-27-searay&cat=500) here is some pictures of the boat

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/PF3998_Freedom_081.jpg

interior

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/PF3998_Freedom_06.jpg

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/photo101.JPG (javascript:;)

604redneck
08-07-2014, 06:39 AM
If I wasn't going on a sheep hunt tomorrow I would definitely do it. When do u need it there by?

riflebuilder
08-07-2014, 06:48 AM
Want to have the boat in to Rivers by the 1st or 2nd week of September. At Goose bay cannery

BiG Boar
08-07-2014, 06:57 AM
Well I'm in for fishing. How many days will this take?

doubled
08-07-2014, 07:32 AM
I would be seriously interested as well but do not have any boating experience in coastal waters.

Blair
08-07-2014, 09:01 AM
I have done the trip from Hardy to Bella Bella and back in my boat. Really beautiful country and the fishing should be hot at this time of year. I would jump at the chance if I could, but I have to be in town for the next while. I find it hard to believe that you haven't found someone yet. Hopefully you'll find someone soon who is qualified and will look after your gear.

lip_ripper00
08-07-2014, 09:06 AM
Nice boat, I just shipped one almost exactly like it (37' Searay) to Prince Rupert.

Fosey
08-07-2014, 09:09 AM
I have lots of experience on the water and in these waters. PM me.

twanger
08-07-2014, 09:16 AM
I got my boat operator's license, I'm in hahhahaha

charlie_horse
08-07-2014, 10:13 AM
Wish the other mechanic wasn't on holidays, there's nothing more I'd like to do then send an anchovy down at cape caution right now.

srupp
08-07-2014, 09:11 PM
Hmmm interesting trip...limited shelter from Namu for a bit...Mesachie nose can be a puckering position if not timed correctly...definatly some great crabbing locations...as well as hali holes...Restoration bay...the narrows..still loading my chartplotter locations into my new Lowrance unit...
Still plenty of loose logs drfting about and surfacing ...
Spectacular scenery...always enjoyed that trip...
Cheers
Steven

riflebuilder
08-08-2014, 06:27 AM
I was flying yesterday so not internet access, thanks for the replies and PM's. I will try to give you all a call tomorrow to discuss. Just need to call my guys from Rivers to make sure we can dock the boat there. Now if you want to joint the hunt that would be good two and you might get your picture on TV.

fuzzybiscuit
08-08-2014, 06:42 AM
I've run the trip from Hardy to Rivers and back eight times. I used to go fishing up at the head of Rivers every year the second week of August. It's pretty much open water the whole way and the weather around Cape Caution can get pretty severe, but a boat like that and a decent captain there shouldn't be any problems. I've run it in everything from a 17' Whaler to a 25' Bayliner.

Make sure that anyone that is running your boat is competent in the use of a marine GPS. Could easily be fog the whole way at that time of year. I ran it one year and we couldn't see more that a hundred yards for most of the trip. Lots of rock if you get in too close around Cape Caution and not a place you would want to get into with a boat that needs a bit of water like yours.

What are the plans for getting the "driver" back to Port McNeil?

There will still be the odd big spring still around at that time and the Northern Coho fishing should be fantastic. Lot's of good places to jig up some bottom fish along the ways too.

srupp
08-09-2014, 04:43 PM
hmmmm.."deleted "

Ricky Bobby
08-09-2014, 05:34 PM
If your still looking I got a few weeks to kill. I've made that run quite a few times, and am well experienced on the water, although your rig might be a bit smaller than what I am use too. Have 2 other guys both with >4 years ocean time (commercial and sprot guides) that would be interested in conking some fish.

fuzzybiscuit
10-07-2014, 10:13 PM
Did the trip to River's happen?

Who were the lucky guys and how was the fishing? Curious minds want to know.