PDA

View Full Version : Remote hunting and fishing cabin

DGuest
08-06-2014, 11:22 AM
Wondering if anyone has any experience with buying or building a cabin on leased land for recreational purposes.

Been doing some reading over the last few days about "license to occupy" as well. Anyone been through the process of getting one of these licenses?

Bluedsteel
08-06-2014, 12:09 PM
Yup but I've had mine for many years and it was already surveyed. I've been told that it's next to impossible to aquire leases anymore unless you purchase an existing one privately. You will have to jump through so many hoops, land needs surveying, assesed for stumpage rate, checked for archeological artifacts, get consent from local natives. Seriously, this is some crap I'm dealing with right now trying to purchase my lease from gov.

DGuest
08-06-2014, 10:00 PM
Did you buy out someones lease or go through the process of applying on your own? is it an actual lease or a license to occupy?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to learn as much as I can.

Bluedsteel
08-06-2014, 10:33 PM
The gov. Had surveyed land designated for leases all over BC years ago and anyone could apply. The lots in our area are all 15 year leases with the option to purchase......which is getting harder. Here's the link to the crown land application.

http://www.for.gov.bc.ca/land_tenures/tenure_programs/programs/residential/index.html