PDA

View Full Version : Area 7-13

VanIslandGuy
08-05-2014, 07:19 PM
Going moose hunting in early October in MU 7-13. Hunted up there when I was a kid but that was about 15 years back. How's the hunting been the past couple years? Is it worth getting a whitetail tag? Any feedback, hunting stories or suggestions are more then welcome!

dellis
08-05-2014, 07:52 PM
Still moose around here, but the numbers are down. If you don't have a WT tag you'll see a nice one for sure:mrgreen:.........tags are cheap compared to the rest of the hunt cost.
Lots of logged off areas, roads almost everywhere, not quite like it was 15 years ago, but still game around. Deer numbers are starting to rebound a bit after getting pounded by wolves and hard winters for a few years. Dry weather this spring/summer should make for a good supply of chickens this year........
Have fun,
Darcy:)

VanIslandGuy
08-05-2014, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the reply. Look forward to giving it a try. Bringing the fishing rod as well. Cheers!

todbartell
08-06-2014, 08:01 PM
I'd have an elk tag too, 6pt+ season on until Oct9th. You're more likely to run into elk than you are a WTD. I'd get both deer tags, elk, moose of course and black bear