PDA

View Full Version : 18 rabbits down tonight

Steelpulse
08-04-2014, 11:01 PM
Out with my brother Firstblood and we took 2 shy of our limit, pictures tomorrow or it didn't happen, 18 down

Firstblood
08-05-2014, 01:02 AM
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/firstblood69/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps918ddcba.jpg (http://s1287.photobucket.com/user/firstblood69/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps918ddcba.jpg.html)

ruger#1
08-05-2014, 02:20 AM
Mmm good eats for sure.

Wentrot
08-05-2014, 06:29 AM
Nicely done!

Rhyno
08-05-2014, 06:32 AM
Wow, nice shooting! Way to start filling the freezer in August. Might have to get the fam out with the 22 one evening soon, thanks for the motivation.

nano
08-05-2014, 08:31 AM
Nice shooting, looks like some good eats!

epicZERO74
08-05-2014, 08:44 AM
Nice shooting, hopefully I can get out soon!

adriaticum
08-05-2014, 09:29 AM
Wow, I don't think we have a total of 18 rabbits in the whole region 2

ruger#1
08-05-2014, 03:15 PM
Wow, I don't think we have a total of 18 rabbits in the whole region 2 Then you not looking hard enough. I see some every weekend. They are higher up, And they are snowshoes.

adriaticum
08-05-2014, 03:33 PM
Then you not looking hard enough. I see some every weekend. They are higher up, And they are snowshoes.

I see tracks but never rabbits. I saw cotton-tails occasionally at night while driving.

Wentrot
08-05-2014, 03:57 PM
I see tracks but never rabbits. I saw cotton-tails occasionally at night while driving.

Have the same issues as you. Tracks only lol

edgy
08-08-2014, 12:51 PM
There are hundreds of rabbits in the Rosedale area, just east of Chilliwack, I have a cat that brings home at least a couple a week, and he only eats their heads, headless bunnies all over my yard :)

Ride Red
08-08-2014, 01:47 PM

Those are Surrey BUSH rabbits !!! Lol.

nighthawk73
08-09-2014, 02:04 PM
What time of day are you getting all these? Also road bunnies or field? Pretty new here

sausage lover
08-11-2014, 07:25 PM
Blasted ten on sat night! prime time for bunny wackin is 6:00 pm till lights out,got a triple header powpowpow!

HIGHRPM
08-13-2014, 10:01 AM
Fantastic outing, congrats !!

markomoose
08-13-2014, 10:27 AM
Where is hare assassin??Send out a search party?

hare_assassin
08-24-2014, 07:40 AM
Congrats! Nice work!

I haven't been around much since the site admin banned my IP address at work. The only place I can access this site from now is at home, and I am usually too busy with other activities to bother with Internet.

I've been out to my favourite summer/fall spot a few times. Went with my daughter yesterday am and shot nine of them.

Based on feedback from kurtl, I'm going to try cooking some of them low and slow on the Weber kettle, with some hardwood charcoal and hickory chips.

hoochie
09-14-2014, 09:06 PM
There are hundreds of rabbits in the Rosedale area, just east of Chilliwack, I have a cat that brings home at least a couple a week, and he only eats their heads, headless bunnies all over my yard :)

There are cotton tails everywhere, but we cant hunt those.. not as far as I know.

Foxton Gundogs
09-15-2014, 09:41 AM
There are cotton tails everywhere, but we cant hunt those.. not as far as I know.

Schedule C fill your boots

Schedule C
4Schedule "C" animals can be killed anywhere and at any time in BC. Schedule "C" birds may be hunted using electronic calls. You do not need a hunting licence to capture, hunt or kill the following Schedule "C" wildlife: (a) Rana catesbeiana - American bullfrog(b) Rana clamitans - green frog(c) all species of the family Chelydridae - snapping turtles(d) Didelphis virginiana - North American opossum(e) Sylvilagus floridanus - eastern cottontail(f) Oryctolagus cuniculus - European rabbit(g) Myocastor coypus - nutria(h) all species of the genus Sciurus - gray squirrels and fox squirrels(i) Passer domesticus - house sparrow(j) Sturnus vulgaris - European starling(k) Columbia livia - rock dove (domestic pigeon)

itsy bitsy xj
09-15-2014, 10:05 AM

That sounds like the strart to a "B" rated horor movie

hoochie
09-15-2014, 09:34 PM
Thank you!

Schedule C fill your boots

Schedule C
4Schedule "C" animals can be killed anywhere and at any time in BC. Schedule "C" birds may be hunted using electronic calls. You do not need a hunting licence to capture, hunt or kill the following Schedule "C" wildlife: (a) Rana catesbeiana - American bullfrog(b) Rana clamitans - green frog(c) all species of the family Chelydridae - snapping turtles(d) Didelphis virginiana - North American opossum(e) Sylvilagus floridanus - eastern cottontail(f) Oryctolagus cuniculus - European rabbit(g) Myocastor coypus - nutria(h) all species of the genus Sciurus - gray squirrels and fox squirrels(i) Passer domesticus - house sparrow(j) Sturnus vulgaris - European starling(k) Columbia livia - rock dove (domestic pigeon)

Pangaea
09-16-2014, 04:56 PM
Congrats! Nice work!

Based on feedback from kurtl, I'm going to try cooking some of them low and slow on the Weber kettle, with some hardwood charcoal and hickory chips.

I'd love to hear how that turns out. I'm new to hares (WOW are they tasty!) but a total Weber kettle-holic... My only concern would be drying them out too much. I would brine them just in case?