PDA

View Full Version : Wood stove recommendations

Lukeez88
08-02-2014, 08:16 AM
I'm looking to get a wood stove for my cabelas alaknac 12X20 wall tent. I need something that's going to put out some heat for those late season hunts when the temperature is dipping around -20. Anyone have any recommendations based off their own experiences? What about getting a stove made up? Is that going to be the best route to get what I'm after? Any ideas would be helpful

E.V.B.H.
08-02-2014, 09:58 AM
I have a cylinder stove from cabelas to match my bighorn III from there. Packs inside itself and makes a lot of heat. I can typically light it on the first day and by filling it every morning and dampening it all the way down it will smoulder all day. When you get back open it up and it's raging immediately. Have to fill it once or twice through the night to make lots of heat. I've gone for ten days and only lit the stove once one the first day. The cylinders are effective because every thing settles to the middle for a complete burn. I also have the hot water jacket which I highly recommend, it's hot enough for coffee and tea and makes a quick towel bath convenient.