PDA

View Full Version : Maple Ridge Area Rabbit

huntingtime
07-30-2014, 09:34 AM
All of this talk about rabbit season opening up this weekend really makes me want to head out there. The family and I are staying up at Golden Ears Provincial Park this weekend and id like to sneak away one morning. I'm just wondering if anyone knows the closest area to head to for some rabbit hunting? The closest area ive been hunting before is Harrison.

Also from what I can see from the Reg's your allowed to bring a 22 into the parks as long as its broken down, locked and out of site. I always like to double check can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

quaint bucket
07-30-2014, 10:13 AM
I wouldn't. I looked at the regulations and Golden Ears Provincial Park was not listed for this. So I went to this site: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/golden_ears/hunting is not permitted. Sorry man. Most provincial/national parks are not allowed for hunting unless otherwise stated.

huntingtime
07-30-2014, 10:24 AM
I wouldn't. I looked at the regulations and Golden Ears Provincial Park was not listed for this. So I went to this site: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/golden_ears/hunting is not permitted. Sorry man. Most provincial/national parks are not allowed for hunting unless otherwise stated.

Thanks for the quick reply Quaint Bucket. I was not planning on hunting within the park just wondering where the closest area outside of the park to hunt would be. Also wanted to make sure that having my 22 in the park was legal while camping (assuming broken down, locked and out of site.

caddisguy
07-30-2014, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the quick reply Quaint Bucket. I was not planning on hunting within the park just wondering where the closest area outside of the park to hunt would be. Also wanted to make sure that having my 22 in the park was legal while camping (assuming broken down, locked and out of site.

If it's locked up and out of site so that it is compliant with storage (and transport / unattended vehicle) laws your fine. Just don't let anyone see it--not even a rifle case just to be safe--when you're taking gear in and out. If someone claims to have seen it you can run into trouble, as display is considered use, not storage or transport. Hope that makes sense.

Not a rabbit hunter (yet?) so check regs, but I'd take West Harrison over East Harrison if there's an opening. Have fun!!

GotaGun
07-30-2014, 11:36 AM
I believe you have to be east of stave lake/river to shoot solid projectile. .
Sylvester road full of guys with guns. Maybe go to harrison area??

huntingtime
07-31-2014, 03:43 PM
OK I guess Harrison is the closest area to try out. Thanks