PDA

View Full Version : Charges have been laid.

BiG Boar
07-29-2014, 12:54 PM
http://www.coastreporter.net/news/local/three-arrested-for-unlawful-poaching-1.996603

This has been a long time coming.

http://www.coastreporter.net/news/local/three-charged-in-ruby-lake-elk-kill-1.1259211

olympia
07-29-2014, 01:04 PM
the article is dated feb 13/2013, this is old news

Fella
07-29-2014, 01:08 PM
Did you read the second article? Dated July 24 of this year...

Steeleco
07-29-2014, 01:23 PM
Lets hope the penalty is greater that the cost to prosecute them. And for Christs sake, don't ban them from hunting, because they weren't. They were poaching!

olympia
07-29-2014, 01:46 PM
Did you read the second article? Dated July 24 of this year...

Nope...my bad

adriaticum
07-29-2014, 02:01 PM
the article is dated feb 13/2013, this is old news

Olympia, you are a heckler.
It's related to the second article.

guntech
07-29-2014, 02:20 PM
I wish when threads about published articles were done like this...the actual article and the link under it...

Like this:

Three men have been charged in the February 2013 killing of three cow elk in the Ruby Lake area, the BC Conservation Officer Service (COS) announced last week.

Kristopher Nichols, 36, of Pender Harbour was charged with six counts under the Wildlife Act, while two Powell River men — Bryn Foreman, 32, and Kyle Bessette, 31 — were each charged with one count under the Act.

“The Crown alleges the elk were shot at night, off a public highway, in an area closed to hunting and the discharge of firearms,” the COS said in a press release issued July 17.

The release said Nichols was charged with hunting wildlife out of season, hunting at night, hunting with the aid of a light or illuminating device, discharging a firearm in a no-shooting area (within the road allowance of Highway 101), hunting without reasonable consideration for the lives, safety or property of other persons, and possessing dead wildlife without authorization under a licence or permit, or as provided by regulation.

Foreman and Bessette were each charged with a single count of possessing dead wildlife without authorization under a licence or permit, or as provided by regulation.

The three accused are scheduled to appear in Sechelt provincial court Aug. 20.

A person who commits a first offence under the Wildlife Act is liable to a fine of not more than $100,000 or to a term of imprisonment not exceeding one year, or both, the COS release said.

After being wiped out by hunting in the early 1900s, Roosevelt elk were reintroduced to the Sunshine Coast about 25 years ago and are managed as a seed herd to re-establish elk populations in historic ranges on B.C.’s south coast.

© Coast Reporter
- See more at: http://www.coastreporter.net/news/local/three-charged-in-ruby-lake-elk-kill-1.1259211#sthash.GwenYbls.dpuf

BiG Boar
07-29-2014, 02:26 PM
A quick search of the names on the internet also brought me to this page. Not saying it's him though.

http://www.cheaterville.com/?page=cheaters&id=15444

Steeleco
07-29-2014, 03:50 PM
A quick search of the names on the internet also brought me to this page. Not saying it's him though.

http://www.cheaterville.com/?page=cheaters&id=15444

OMG Dave, there is so much wrong with that link. They really do have a site for everything :)

caddisguy
07-29-2014, 04:09 PM
OMG Dave, there is so much wrong with that link. They really do have a site for everything :)

But you looked your name up didn't you? That's ok, I checked mine too. Almost as bad as that "Lulu" app girls have for rating their ex's.

There's an idea for the hunting buddy match maker / personals thing. "Screw that sleazy caddisguy... told me he couldn't go huntin cause he was sick... decided to go myself anyway then I caught him in the bush deer huntin with my sister!!! That dog will hunt anything with anyone anywhere anytime... hope he catches fleas!"

Only a matter of time before there's a poacher/polluter/FSR-blocker shaming site too ;-P

Steeleco
07-29-2014, 04:12 PM
But you looked your name up didn't you? That's ok, I checked mine too. Almost as bad as that "Lulu" app girls have for rating their ex's.

Been married for far too long, 10 min with a cheat would cost me far too much LOL

olympia
07-29-2014, 04:30 PM
Olympia, you are a heckler.
It's related to the second article.
Well well well....been seeing ur posts in open chat and its interesting that you are calling me a heckler hahaha

adriaticum
07-29-2014, 04:39 PM
Well well well....been seeing ur posts in open chat and its interesting that you are calling me a heckler hahaha

Hey, you started it, lol

olympia
07-29-2014, 05:48 PM
Hey, you started it, lol

I left that message before I left work and I just KNEW you would have a rebuttal by the time I got home...one or both of us don't have lives but im perfectly happy with lurking here and making it my social life

BiG Boar
07-29-2014, 06:01 PM
Hey now, let's get back to the July drama.

olympia
07-29-2014, 06:11 PM
Hey now, let's get back to the July drama.
Hey big whoar, sorry for getting off topic:-D

adriaticum
07-29-2014, 06:17 PM
one or both of us don't have lives

Now you hurt my feelings. Ok we're even now.

My life right now is just f*(**&^#$^ fantastic right now.
But that's a topic of a whole other thread.
Steeleco will you please start a new forum called "Daily whine" ? lol

BlacktailStalker
07-29-2014, 07:08 PM
The title of this thread should read those names, followed by "have been charged."

burger
07-29-2014, 08:15 PM

There's an idea for the hunting buddy match maker / personals thing. "Screw that sleazy caddisguy... told me he couldn't go huntin cause he was sick... decided to go myself anyway then I caught him in the bush deer huntin with my sister!!! That dog will hunt anything with anyone anywhere anytime... hope he catches fleas!"

Only a matter of time before there's a poacher/polluter/FSR-blocker shaming site too ;-P

I checked mine and I'm from Kelowna originally(nope) and have had a reported 100 women before I met my wife.

I am a stud!!! HAHA!!!

olympia
07-29-2014, 08:55 PM
I checked mine and I'm from Kelowna originally(nope) and have had a reported 100 women before I met my wife.

I am a stud!!! HAHA!!!

dude man...old folks homes don't count:-D

Elkhound
07-29-2014, 09:32 PM
Thanks Big Boar, beat me to it

burger
07-29-2014, 11:13 PM
dude man...old folks homes don't count:-D

Damn......

604redneck
07-29-2014, 11:40 PM
Do u have troubles clicking the link?

BiG Boar
07-30-2014, 12:27 AM
Apparently one of these guys is status. So who knows what will happen. It would be something if the white guys got fines and the natives didn't. I guess we'll wait and see.

burger
07-30-2014, 05:19 PM
If that is the case big boar. I would not be surprised if anyone was charged. Talk the FN guy into claiming he shot them and gave the meat away. Traded for....

walks with deer
07-30-2014, 05:42 PM
Lets invite him camping...

BiG Boar
07-30-2014, 05:53 PM
If that is the case big boar. I would not be surprised if anyone was charged.

Well they have been charged in this case.

pinofire
07-30-2014, 10:45 PM
Great news hope they are punished to the full extent!

Chopper
07-30-2014, 11:15 PM
not to often the CO's get a chance to lay charges on this type of thing ... if these guys are convicted I hope an example is made out of them

burger
07-31-2014, 09:47 PM
Well they have been charged in this case.

Sorry I meant to imply that quite possibly nothing of substance will come of it. No convictions will be made.