PDA

View Full Version : Eat what u kill

Cami
07-25-2014, 06:50 PM
Hallo everybody

I m starting this thread to keep me straight threw my only eat what i killed challenge. As well to ask for advice from everybody.:tongue:
Just about my self a little :
I m pretty new to hunting in BC. Shot my first bear last year on the last day of my hunting trip what was perfect . Really tasty critters i must say.( will post pic soon )
Rest of the year hunted hard but didn't get anything except 1/2 a dozen grouse. Then my dog tried to kill him self what ended my season pretty quick.

SO then one day i came up with the idea of only eating meat or fish what i killed myself. I got all the toys and its a great excuse to buy more :-D .... ( man who dies with the most toys wins)

SO my here is my plan:
I m planning on going to HG island in november for 14 day. I did some reading and it looks like the south island is the better place to go. please correct me if i m wrong.
I'll be going with my Gf ( finally she is getting here CORE :-D), the dogs, my 110 trail :) and my landrover defender so i think i got transport covered. Right now i m looking at a wall tent as well for the trip and that should do it i think.
So a couple of questions for this trip :
Should i bring my canoe as well or is it not worth it?
I know i m going at one of the wettest months of the year but that's the only time GF gets time off.
Is there any places i should really check out that time a year?

I m thinking of taking my 270 for my self and 243 for her - I m hunting fir meat so i m thinking least damage as possible with still clean kill power.

Ok now i just gotta figure out my other 2 trips what i will share and bug u guys about. :)

Post pix ASAP

blackbart
07-25-2014, 07:35 PM
Should be really good. Think fishing and crabbing and shellfish as well. The canoe would be handy in a few spots - crossing rivers or lakes depending on where you go. Explore around and you will find lots of deer, especially if only after meat. The fawns are puny and the adults not much bigger. Very Very Very tasty though.

Make sure you check out bag limits in relation to possession - both fish and game.

The wall tent with a wood stove is an absolute must for drying things out at that time of year.

Have fun!

BB

4 point
07-25-2014, 08:21 PM
Don't know where you live but why go so far and spend so much money when deer are more easily found closer perhaps to your home. Looking after meet while traveling a long distance with it over time can be difficult.

Drillbit
07-27-2014, 06:54 PM
If you want to help with killing and eating some crows, ravens, coyotes, wolves and gophers on the farm let me know. They always need to be killed to improve the chances for the beef calves survival, which feeds the family, and also pays the bills and The Man.

Although I don't think someone needs to eat everything they kill, I do think they should kill everything they eat (pigs, cows, chickens) at least once so they appreciate where their food comes from.

Jelvis
07-27-2014, 08:52 PM
Please kill it b4 you eat it. Bah Bam!

landphil
07-27-2014, 09:21 PM

Such a killjoy.

albravo2
07-27-2014, 09:31 PM

i've been told live crabs are delicious. No? :-)