PDA

View Full Version : New

Wentrot
07-25-2014, 08:11 AM
Hello

I would like to add waterfowl to the list of things to hunt but am lacking guidance and people to join me. If anyone is willing to take a new guy out this year to show the ropes I would certainly appreciate it. I still need to get several things including a shotgun but intend on doing so in the next month or so. I am in Mission but will drive just about anywhere.

I am 26, not a moron and provide good company lol

I have a 12 foot flat bottom as well if it is of any use.

Thanks

Matt

Moe.JKU
07-25-2014, 09:51 AM
I'm not super experienced either, I have had 3 years of waterfowl, mainly ducks. I can probably get you out somewhere with us. Give me a shout closer to season, I will be away for the first week or two chasing elk but after that i should be going lots.
With your boat you should check a lot of the sloughs. One thing that helped me was to ask farmers if i could use their fields. I got a couple now which has uped my success a lot.

Wentrot
07-25-2014, 10:43 AM
Thanks MoeJKU, you make a valid point about just taking the boat out to some sloughs to see what can be found.

Received a very generous offer as well from a member so it looks like the learning curve will be somewhat shortened! Thanks guys.