PDA

View Full Version : Hunting around Spuzzum

heatherdaddy
07-22-2014, 08:59 PM
I was told there was good hunting around Spuzzum, I have never hunted there and was wondering where would be the best spot to start at. I am wanting to stay in area 3-15. I was told to try the FSr right after you eneter Spuzzum, would that be a good spot to try? Can anybody help me out here, I am thinking of going to scout it out in the next week or 2 and try hunting there on the Sept long weekend.

Thanks

Fella
07-22-2014, 09:05 PM
Don't know the area too well but check to make sure that it isn't on reserve land.

Dre
07-22-2014, 10:01 PM
Pretty thick and steep country. Spuzzum creek fsr is all thick bush for like 10-15kms, but goes a long way and has a few decent spots. Late season, rutt, after a few inches of snow, could turn up a nice buck. Across the bridge over the fraser, first right after the bridge is ok, 3-14/2-17. Boston Bar, 20kms further was much better, but there was a major wash-out at 13km on Anderson river rd this spring, don't know if they fixed it, also lots of logging activity there. Best way, head out and check out some areas before the season opens. Cheers.

Philcott
07-23-2014, 08:26 AM
Very steep terrain around Spuzzum. I hope you have some good boots and strong legs. On a bright note, you probably won't have too much competition in there. Go get em.

Fella
07-23-2014, 08:27 AM
You're probably right philcott, I can't recall ever hearing about anyone hunting up there, but if someone is willing to put the work in they'd probably have it to themselves!

heatherdaddy
07-23-2014, 08:38 AM
Good to know, I think I will give it a try in the beginning of Sept. I dont mind hiking, just hope my lungs can hold out if it is that steep.

Amphibious
07-23-2014, 09:25 AM
Boeing Vertol is working around there right now. Might take a bit for the critters to come back. She's not quiet ;)