PDA

View Full Version : Whitetail area help needed please.

russm
07-21-2014, 09:49 AM
So with my limited entry plans being cancelled due to not being drawn again I need a new plan of attack for the fall, I'm thinking either the grandforks area or cranbrook area for whitetails, the problem is lack if knowledge for both areas, I managed to pull my first buck out grandforks a few seasons ago but that was dumb luck and I've never hunted the cranbrook area.

im thinking I'd probably be looking to go around the antlerless season, I'm not picky if be more than happy with a doe or 2, just wondering if someone could help me break my dry spell, I so to need specifics and no I don't want your honey hole ;) lol I plan I doing some serious google earthing etc

if someone can give me some tips it's be much appreciated feel free to pm too, thanks in advance.

goatdancer
07-21-2014, 10:41 AM
Lots of whitetails around Grand Forks, you just have to drive out of town a little ways. Used to be a zoo during the rut for bucks so I figure it's probably the same for the doe season.

russm
07-21-2014, 10:47 AM
Yea I know there's a lot of private property around there, I've just gotta try and find some hu table crown land if that's where I decide to go

goatdancer
07-21-2014, 04:38 PM
Lots of FSRs around. Check the Backroads mapbook.