PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Lake to Pavilion for hunting

heatherdaddy
07-20-2014, 05:25 PM
I am wondering if anybody can tell me about the hunting in this area for deer or moose. I have only been there once and couldnt get through because of too much snow in Nov. But now with a 4x4 I am hoping to try again this year. Is it an easy raod to hunt on ore hard to hunt from. Is there any kind of logging going on up there right now? Is there any deer or moose in that area? Any info would be nice. I am thinking of trying it in around end of Oct to beginning of Nov.

Rob Chipman
07-20-2014, 05:53 PM
Probably half the main road is through the Diamond S ranch. No hunting there. On the Pavillion side between the reserve and the ranch you can peel off both sides. West slopes down to Fraser through sagebrush country. Good for walking or a quad maybe. Not a ton of road hunting. Probably good for deer. There are also sheep there.

On the Kelly Lake side, past the ranch, there is more road access. I've seen bear and deer there. Never saw any moose, but they'd be there too.

shed-hunter1
07-20-2014, 06:01 PM
whatch out for the local natives

Fosey
07-20-2014, 06:15 PM
From Pavilion to other side of Diamond S is either Indian Reserve or Ranch land. The rest down to Kelly Lake is Crown Land.

frenchbar
07-20-2014, 06:33 PM

Why?...they going to scalp you:confused:

bighornbob
07-20-2014, 08:59 PM
The first 5 Km or so starting at the highway at Pavillion is reserve land. Then I beleive the majority of the rest is private ranch land. Like someone else said the road from the pateau down to kelly lake is crown land. Lot better places close to there to go hunt deer without the worry of private land and reserve land.

BHB

olympia
07-21-2014, 02:09 PM
why do people have to make comments like that and then just leave it as a deadend? tell us why? did something personally happen to you? did you "hear a story?", tell us what we need to watch for? theft? blockade? assault? pounded in the ass? what what what?