PDA

View Full Version : marble range

chrismcd
07-18-2014, 11:04 PM
hey im looking for my first hunting grounds. for mule deer. ive narrowed it down basically but hard as heck. looking for second opinions, marble range provincial park near clinton seems alright. anyone know what this area is like up close and personal? im heading out on sunday for a few days myself but want to know if its worth my time and energy

HighPointsHunter
07-18-2014, 11:31 PM
Heard good things about marble range buddy, lots of pressure though. Worth a scout for sure, never made it out there myself yet.

afflicted 1
07-19-2014, 08:04 AM
The marbles can be great for deer the burn can be productive. I'm not sure where your traveling from but there are deer almost everywhere in the region, there has also been some big ones come out of the spences bridge area recently but it might be on fire right now not sure.

steel_ram
07-19-2014, 11:34 AM
Last time I hunted there was when sheep were open. It was a gong show, even after we packed in. Seemed like the entire hunting community of Kamloops was there. Did see a couple of decent mulies, but nothing worth the required effort to get them out.
The Marble range is an obvious good place to start, but honestly we saw more game on the less glamorous adjacent hills. (including sheep)