PDA

View Full Version : Broke down and bought a quad.

BuckNaked
07-18-2014, 07:42 AM
Well after a season on my feet, and my friend getting one, i pulled the trigger and put down on a new Polaris 570 Sportsman. Looking forward to getting way back off the road and away from everyone. As well as just being able to get out and see what beautiful country we live in.

http://www.cyclecenterofdenton.com/used_bikes/DSCF1985.JPG

This is just a pic, not mine. I threw bumpers, winch, rear storage box etc at it as well. Get to pick it up in about a week when i get back from holidays on the island.

Chopper
07-18-2014, 08:15 AM
I have to do the same ... Im gonna by an eagle craft hopefully in the coming months , Quad is gonna be a must for the back of it.

Congrats im jealous

bridger
07-18-2014, 08:23 AM
Nice quad. Love the power steering.

adriaticum
07-18-2014, 08:28 AM
Good on you!

Moe.JKU
07-18-2014, 08:36 AM
Looks very nice, you should have lots of fun. I was looking at getting one for next season. to get back to places my vehicle can't go and hike in from there.

Deeboe
07-18-2014, 09:20 AM
Nice bike, I walked into sea to sky two years ago to look and walked out with a brand new sportsman 500 limited edition. You will love it. Super realiable, plenty of power and great suspension.

markomoose
07-18-2014, 10:40 AM
Those machines ride like a cadillac.You'll have a blast!

Steelwheels
07-18-2014, 10:44 AM
Good on ya... Keep those handlebars pointing up... :mrgreen:

Wentrot
07-18-2014, 11:20 AM
You have my jealousy! Just curious, what kind of cost if you don't mind me asking? Would love a quad but it will still be a number of years I think.

Singleshotneeded
07-18-2014, 11:37 AM
Nice machine...congrats! Wentrot, I got my Suzuki King Quad in summer of 2007, it was the 2008 model. Picked it up for $6000 out of the States, when they were asking $9000 for them here. It's been trouble free and lots of fun since then...

Wentrot
07-18-2014, 12:23 PM
Nice machine...congrats! Wentrot, I got my Suzuki King Quad in summer of 2007, it was the 2008 model. Picked it up for $6000 out of the States, when they were asking $9000 for them here. It's been trouble free and lots of fun since then...

Wow that is quite a price difference, how was the process of bringing it back over the line?

smallfry14
07-18-2014, 12:45 PM
How much $$ did this bad boy set you back?!

BuckNaked
07-18-2014, 01:46 PM
You have my jealousy! Just curious, what kind of cost if you don't mind me asking? Would love a quad but it will still be a number of years I think.

You couldnt pick a better time to buy, the base model is going out at 6399. 3.99/36 months Polaris financing, i went thru my bank instead for the financing and got a much better interest rate. The Camo also gets engine braking, where the base does not, it doesnt have power steering either(i cheaped out here)! Its my first ORV, and i'm looking forward to the fall.

Wentrot
07-18-2014, 02:05 PM
You couldnt pick a better time to buy, the base model is going out at 6399. 3.99/36 months Polaris financing, i went thru my bank instead for the financing and got a much better interest rate. The Camo also gets engine braking, where the base does not, it doesnt have power steering either(i cheaped out here)! Its my first ORV, and i'm looking forward to the fall.

Thanks for the response, much appreciated!

Singleshotneeded
07-18-2014, 03:41 PM
Wow that is quite a price difference, how was the process of bringing it back over the line?

There was a major difference then, it's shrunk a bit since then, but still a difference. Thing is you have to buy in Portland Oregon now where they don't have a state sales tax, because as of 2008 Washington State started making Canadians pay the almost 7% sales tax, which drives up your cost, especially when you have to pay gst/pst/riv at the border. You do the deal on the phone, they send you the paperwork, and you forward it to the US Customs where you plan to bring it in. Wait 3 days, then go and pick it up, then drive to the border. They check the VIN against the number on the paperwork, and give you an okay to export. You go to Canada Customs, pay the taxes and $60 approx. riv fee, and you're in. Sometime in the next month you need to take it in to Cdn Tire, they verify the VIN and fax it to the riv people. Not a very big deal, but I'm glad I was able to buy in Bellingham before the state idiotically decided to charge Canadians their sales tax, with no chance of a refund. Now you have a longer drive to Portland. I think it's about a $2000 saving on an inexpensive quad now, and $3000 plus on a side by side...buying in the US. Accessories are also a lot cheaper down there, I had them put aluminum armour under my quad and heated grips/thumb...it was about half price versus here...

AltaElkhunter
07-18-2014, 07:37 PM
They do not charge tax for albertans, why for bc. I was told it was because of he switch to hst bacm then. Oh and montana does not have a state tax either.

Good2bCanadian
07-18-2014, 07:58 PM
Nice quad!
Congratulations.

I currently have a 2012 550x2. It's been good.

Im wanting to get another quad and the 570 is on my short list.

epicZERO74
07-18-2014, 08:09 PM
Haha, i'm a little jealous >: (

Steelwheels
07-19-2014, 10:50 AM
It helps when the dealer delivers to this side of the boarder... We saved a ton.. Unfornatley no longer in business ..

Allen50
07-19-2014, 12:11 PM
well what ever you do, join a quad club, then take the safty course as inc will be cheeper, and you will have alot less problem with Cos out on the trail,,good luck and have fun out there, there is a lot of places to see on a quad,,

albravo2
07-21-2014, 09:16 PM
Interesting... when I imported my Yamaha Rhino the people at RIV said I didn't need to pay RIV or get it inspected at Canadian Tire because it is off road only. I think they also said it was for 'work'.

I said 'Thank you very much' and have never looked back.

Congrats on the quad, btw! Safe to say you'll have a blast.

BuckNaked
07-21-2014, 10:02 PM
well what ever you do, join a quad club, then take the safty course as inc will be cheeper, and you will have alot less problem with Cos out on the trail,,good luck and have fun out there, there is a lot of places to see on a quad,,

Yeah I've got an atv course planned for the end of August, safety first!