PDA

View Full Version : looking for info for doe draw in 3-29

buck400
07-16-2014, 09:40 PM
Hi if any one has some information on the area would be great. Was up scotty creek road for the first time last fall how many km to reach 3-29 from that road? Is there lot of logging going on there ? What are the many road getting in there.an how's the hunting an game like in there like planning oct-nov hunting trip

Thank all for your information

Steelpulse
07-16-2014, 10:02 PM
Not sure where that road is bbut im in kamloops and you should have no problem getting a doe there great area of the region, good for bucks and moose and bears and upland, hunting above kamloops lake should be good

250 sav
07-16-2014, 10:11 PM
most of scotty creek is in 3-30 except the very back end where the water flow east into the deadman river

swampthing
07-17-2014, 05:58 AM
Easy doe area. Access the unit from the city of Loops up the batchelor road. Everthing on the left of that road is 3-29 . Drive up road, shoot deer. If you don't like the first doe you see shoot the next one, or the one after that.

BigfishCanada
07-17-2014, 07:53 AM
Buck400, where do you stay? Heres your advice, dont shoot the first doe you see because they are everywhere?

russm86
07-17-2014, 08:00 AM
Yea, as others have mentioned easiest access is either up the Batchelor/McQueen Lake rd or Tranquille. If you can't find a doe in region 3 you shouldn't be hunting, or maybe get your eyes checked, lol. You don't even need to leave the main roads. Tons of deer around, the odd moose but the spike-fork season has been shortened to only 2 weeks in November so even slimmer chance of getting lucky enough. Lots of bear but for whatever reason they seem harder to find in the fall, I find anyways. Like for every 1 bear I might see in the fall I would see 20 in the spring. I'm lucky to see like 1 bear in the fall it seems.

BigfishCanada
07-17-2014, 08:22 AM
My houses are in the center of region 3, Mule doe everywhere, you can call me if you want

buck400
07-17-2014, 09:08 AM
UOTE=BigfishCanada;1518919]Buck400, where do you stay? Heres your advice, dont shoot the first doe you see because they are everywhere?[/QUOTE]

I'm from the fraser valley last year was the 2 time I hunted in reg 3 I hunt most of the time in reg 8 explored a little bit around loon lake now scottie creek never been east of there I'd like to know the many road west end of kamloops lake an side road from the many road would be good to get on

Whonnock Boy
07-17-2014, 09:25 AM
Do yourself a favour and download google earth allong with "front counter bc discovery tool". That program gives you the ability to overlay roads, management units, and a pile of other stuff on google earth.

doubled
07-17-2014, 12:23 PM
You will be done in less than 30 minutes so bring some entertainment to fill the remainder of your trip.

russm
07-17-2014, 01:43 PM
I've been up Scottie creek a couple times over the last 2 seasons, I've seen more deer earlier in the season than I have later, you have to get quite a ways in before you start noticing less of a crowd, it gets pretty busy up there, not sure which is true or not but I've heard that they migrate north of there later in the season and I've heard that they migrate south of there so who knows :s, u should be able I spot atleast one for though. You got the draw I wanted ya jerk lol looks like I'll be going to cranbrook for some whitetails

604redneck
07-17-2014, 01:53 PM
Hi if any one has some information on the area would be great. Was up scotty creek road for the first time last fall how many km to reach 3-29 from that road? Is there lot of logging going on there ? What are the many road getting in there.an how's the hunting an game like in there like planning oct-nov hunting trip

How long is ur trip planned for? If ur going in November y not chase bucks? Or is this a food hunt? Either way u should have no problem in there

buck400
07-17-2014, 04:15 PM
I'll be hunting for both most likely a long weekend trip

DrPepper
07-18-2014, 10:05 PM

You got the gift this year did you. Its not a matter of where is a doe its more of a matter of what doe. Scotty is in the 3-30 just to clear that up but if im not mistaken the hamilton canyon is 3-29. Be at the canyon for first light and you will get to pick and choose which doe you want to take.

DrPepper
07-18-2014, 10:09 PM
I've been up Scottie creek a couple times over the last 2 seasons, I've seen more deer earlier in the season than I have later, you have to get quite a ways in before you start noticing less of a crowd, it gets pretty busy up there, not sure which is true or not but I've heard that they migrate north of there later in the season and I've heard that they migrate south of there so who knows :s, u should be able I spot atleast one for though. You got the draw I wanted ya jerk lol looks like I'll be going to cranbrook for some whitetails

Stick in the 3-29 and 3-30 they want the whitetails that have migrated in killed. It will be a matter of time before they start pushing other game out. And from my experience, the majority of people will always tell you north but any time after oct 1 your best bet would be hihium lake area and upper loon lake on the south side.

BigfishCanada
07-19-2014, 08:56 AM
Whitetails are slim in 3-29 but the odd one is around. They started growing but with open doe season i have seen the herds slim. Many people here are telling you areas that are not 3-29. Know your maps, curious what made you choose this area if you have never hunted it? Is it for Nov 1? You will see does pretty easy on Nov1 South. The deer do migrate of course, but start heading south to the winter grounds by that time. Also the roads can get icy that time of year, so you may go up the hill but its coming down at night that can get scary and dangerous (They get real icy) Lots of road traffic in 3-29 now also, you will see diesel trucks with 4 guys armed patrolling for bucks so the only possibility of not seeing a doe would be due to traffic. Hike off the roads and sit in a tree, the forest will come alive.

buck400
07-19-2014, 08:59 AM
stick to 3-29 and 3-30 they want the whitetails that have migrated in killed. It will be a matter of time before they start pushing other game out. And from my experience, the majority of people will always tell you north but any time after oct 1 your best bet would be hihium lake area and upper loon lake on the south side.

Hi how far past loon lake before It turns to 3-29?

BigfishCanada
07-19-2014, 09:13 AM
Buck do you have a doe draw or your looking for whitetail open doe?

buck400
07-19-2014, 09:23 AM
Whitetails are slim in 3-29 but the odd one is around. They started growing but with open doe season i have seen the herds slim. Many people here are telling you areas that are not 3-29. Know your maps, curious what made you choose this area if you have never hunted it? Is it for Nov 1? You will see does pretty easy on Nov1 South. The deer do migrate of course, but start heading south to the winter grounds by that time. Also the roads can get icy that time of year, so you may go up the hill but its coming down at night that can get scary and dangerous (They get real icy) Lots of road traffic in 3-29 now also, you will see diesel trucks with 4 guys armed patrolling for bucks so the only possibility of not seeing a doe would be due to traffic. Hike off the roads and sit in a tree, the forest will come alive.

I had the doe draw In 3 30 last year i apply in a different area so I put in 3 29 and I got it again +moose draw up north .I like to fine a good spot to park an camp and explore with the atv an see new country l like open country an big slashes an hike to the other side of the hill away from the traffic seem to work for me

buck400
07-19-2014, 09:34 AM
Buck have a doe draw or your looking for whitetail open doe?

Just looking for my mule deer doe draw
And a buck If it's not filled yet

Rem222
07-22-2014, 11:23 AM
Hi how far past loon lake before It turns to 3-29?

Like others are saying, your best bet is north of Kamloops, Tranquille road, way better than 3-29 east of Loon Lake IMHO.

buck400
10-15-2014, 12:48 PM
Was at hihium lake for the long weekend from scottie cr road looks like it's push through connected to 343 road lots of logging going on up there.went up the 3400 rd 10 km but saw some deer next time I'll go south for my doe draw never been that way have to check it out

If any one knows old hihium scottie cr rd let me know looking for my mule doe draw thx

Looking_4_Jerky
10-15-2014, 01:15 PM
If you are from the lower mainland and are going to 3-29 specifically to get your doe, you are going way longer than you need to by going up Scottie Creek. Rather than driving 4 hours to Cache Creek then over an hour to get to the 3-29 side of Scotty, drive 3 hours to Kamloops then another drive 15 minutes up the Sawmill Lake FSR, or better yet, go 15 minutes up the Red Lake Rd.

Unless you have some personal connection to Scottie Creek, why bother? If I was from Cache Creek or Clinton, I'd hunt it occasionally. Being from anywhere else, I really wouldn't bother. I can guarantee that there are roads that are just as good or better no matter which direction you are coming from.

Almost any road in 3-29 (even main ones) should provide ample opportunity to get your doe. If you're not seeing much, try being out early in the morning or late in the day.

Good luck.

niemi1978
11-15-2014, 01:25 AM
if you have an Iphone, download the Ihunter app. It overlaps the hunting regions with google earth and will show you where you are. This was let you know if you are in the right region. I think the app is a couple bucks and has alot of other info. Check it out, you can get it for Android as well.

4 point
11-15-2014, 11:10 AM
That's got to be one of the easiest tags to ever fill. Good luck.

kaptin
11-15-2014, 07:14 PM
Whonnock boy how do overlay roads mu etc?

swampthing
11-16-2014, 10:16 AM
I presume you got your deer? We had a guy show up in camp with a doe draw and it took about 15 minutes to fill that tag!