PDA

View Full Version : Time of year fo r3-30 deer hunting?

MichelD
07-16-2014, 11:52 AM
Looks like my hunting buddy has secured permission to camp on some private land adjacent to crown land in 3-30.

What time of year have you found the deer hunting more fruitful in that neck of the woods, Clinton- Loon Lake area for example?

Any buck season, or is there enough 4-point action to make it worth it in November?

07-16-2014, 11:56 AM
When ever i travel for Mulies i try to go in November mid ish.. That way you are in the rut. Next favorite is Early season.... I dont bother with October.
That is what i prefer for any mulie anywhere.. But i only get one crack at it

plumberjustin
07-16-2014, 01:01 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I've got a mule doe LEH November 1-30, would be nice to smack a big 4 point at the same time.

Steelpulse
07-16-2014, 01:23 PM
I'd go november between 10 and 20th

Darksith
07-16-2014, 02:28 PM
it all depends where you are hunting and how much pressure it sees. November is a great time to hunt if the area sees less pressure, if the area is high pressure then it will make it harder as the animals have been chased around for the last month or more and usually stick to the timber. As always there is the "getting lucky" factor though. Early season you don't have as many weary animals, but October isnt really early season either...

That being said I have found that the first few days of October are good, then it becomes a gong show. October 1 is a Wednesday this year, so wed-fri would be good days to catch one out in the open, otherwise go for November. Check when moose immy season is open too...you never know when you will bump one of the elusive creatures.

LYKTOHUNT
07-16-2014, 07:34 PM
When ever i travel for Mulies i try to go in November mid ish.. That way you are in the rut. Next favorite is Early season.... I dont bother with October.
That is what i prefer for any mulie anywhere.. But i only get one crack at it
I am in agreement or what he said

bigredchev
07-16-2014, 08:06 PM
3-30 is a highly pressured are and seems to get worse each year. Its an all boots hunt area, dont even think about getting lucky with em out in the open.

MichelD
07-16-2014, 08:14 PM
I like boots hunting.

hunter1947
07-17-2014, 05:58 AM
I would be going for my hunt the last week of the GOS..

Blainer
07-17-2014, 06:37 AM
I think it really depends on whether your goal is a trophy buck or to just fill the freezer.
The big bucks come out to play in Nov.
It would be much easier to fill the freezer in any buck season.
Good luck.

MichelD
07-17-2014, 09:10 AM
Thanks guys. It's a matter of timing the hunt for me this year.

My buddy also has a Rosie draw on the Island in mid-October so that will be our priority hunt. The 3-30 hunt will likely be after that.

white moose
07-21-2014, 09:38 PM
End of November if you want a big buck. Chains are handy that time of year, snow can start piling up.