PDA

View Full Version : North Shore Rescue cache stolen for 4th time

snowplayaa
07-16-2014, 10:48 AM
Be on the lookout for these degenerates!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/north-shore-rescue-cache-robbed-4th-time-1.2708869

markomoose
07-16-2014, 10:58 AM
Ya who would do s*** like that.Thieves know no boundaries!I grew up on the North Shore hiking those hills.Grinds my gears!

quaint bucket
07-16-2014, 11:55 AM
that's not good. glad to hear they're upgrading their locks though...

not that's going to do much good when it comes to an motivated thief. I didn't see a list of gears stolen from the cache... can anyone share so I can keep an eye out on craigslist and contingency stores?

Rhyla
07-16-2014, 01:06 PM
I hope whoever is stealing the search and rescue gear finds themselves injured out in the wilderness and dies slowly because... *gasp* search and rescue didn't have the gear to save them. It would be so perfectly fitting. Some people are just scum of the earth and are doing us no good by being here.

Angus
07-16-2014, 01:13 PM
Set up a couple trail cams by each cache. Nail the dirt bags!

M.Dean
07-16-2014, 01:21 PM
Click! Click!! Boom!!! If at 6:O'clock every evening on the BCTV News, the vermin such as these low life pieces of maggot shit were tied to a post, then shot, dead, maybe after 500 or so were shot, others might start to see there's very little future in stealing instead of getting a job and working like the honest people of this bloody world!!!

44inchStone
07-16-2014, 02:01 PM
Like Angus said......this shit rats are too stupid to look for trail cams. And then set up another trail cam facing each other. SCUM

Wentrot
07-16-2014, 02:06 PM
Yah I am pretty shocked that after the 2nd one some sort of security wasn't implemented. Would cost a heck of a lot less than 40 grand no matter how they did it. Hopefully the suspect(s?) are caught by someone other than the law so real punishment can be given. We all know the only thing the courts would do is give a spank on the ass and a mental evaluation.

Grakyn
07-16-2014, 04:28 PM
Yah I am pretty shocked that after the 2nd one some sort of security wasn't implemented. Would cost a heck of a lot less than 40 grand no matter how they did it. Hopefully the suspect(s?) are caught by someone other than the law so real punishment can be given. We all know the only thing the courts would do is give a spank on the ass and a mental evaluation.

The locks were originally designed so that hikers could smash them off with a rock in an emergency. They didn't want it to be group access only. Now it'll have to be. Imagine if someone is critically injured now and can't access that gear?

Steelwheels
07-16-2014, 05:06 PM
"Build it and they will come"..
My thoughts the first time around was too much info was being displayed... Sure try to "belittle" these Creeps.. But now the opportunists I'm sure are out hiking.. For their health..:confused:

Kami
07-16-2014, 06:10 PM
Yup, two trail cams and shotgun in a pear tree! We are too lienent on thieves. Dirt bag scum. If I catch one I'll be charged for attacking a beating the mofo. Laws protect them, and do very little some take things into our own hands and get charged. Makes sense hey?

hoochie
07-17-2014, 09:28 PM
I still think its one of them...
still current, or had knowledge of all the stash places, and has recently left SAR

markomoose
07-18-2014, 02:48 AM
still current, or had knowledge of all the stash places, and has recently left SAR
I would hope the coppers are looking at that angle hoochie?If not I ELECT HOOCHIE for town sheriff!!Anyone second that motion??Anyone?

Rob Chipman
07-18-2014, 03:35 PM

Either that or somebody living in the bush. Its hard to imagine someone going to the effort of walking that far in to steal stuff when you could get more/faster right in town.

BuckEye
07-18-2014, 07:42 PM
After donating $10000 to help replace some of the missing supplies, London Drugs has also just donated 8 surveillance cameras. I assume trail cams as they do sell them along with shooting headsets. I hope these are placed in very good locations that catch someone somewhere in the general area departing with the loot.... Identify them, confirm there is no question they are responsible, then identify to the public through media.

biggyun68
07-18-2014, 09:51 PM

I agree too many hits not to be an inside job: This is someone who is peeved at the NSSAR