PDA

View Full Version : Dease lake/Dease creek

Brent
07-15-2014, 09:43 PM
hey,

I'm planning on heading up to dease lake to do some moose hunting this fall and am looking pretty hard at either using my 12' aluminum with a buddy to try and get some access to the back woods or my atv, the problem with the atv is my buddy doesnt have one and cant really come with me.... Does anyone have any experience in the area, ive been reading the forums and all i have really seen mentioned is the dease river itself. Looking at Google maps and my backroads book there seems to be several creeks and tributaries that feed into dease lake itself and i was wondering if anyone has ever had any luck boating up any of them to access further back. I'm also open to other suggestions as to accessible watersheds in the area, i can hand launch the boat pretty much anywhere so i don't really need a serious boat ramp just decent truck access. Any thoughts would be appreciated thanks in advance.

recoil
07-15-2014, 09:49 PM
I am in the same situation with my group hunt this year, we are allowed to take 2 bison but only have 1 quad, I have found a place that will rent one out for $500 a week, much cheaper than buying another new one and way better than "doubling". Backcountry rentals was the company I was talking to.

Skull Hunter
07-16-2014, 09:20 AM
There are no navigable creeks that flow into Dease Lake proper. They're all way too small, with the exception of Dease River of course.