PDA

View Full Version : Lost LEH's for 5-4

Long bow
07-15-2014, 04:54 PM
I and my group have hunted in 5-4 for the last 15 years or so..Some years were better than others , but we enjoyed our hunt very much. So this year we all put in for moose tags again and are told because of Native issues the results of the draw will not be released...So, what are we to do...do we get a refund, will they offer us another region to hunt..I'm really pissed that my right to hunt has been just thrown to the side without explanation. WE can tell you stories of abuse in those 5-4 5-3 areas..and not by guys like us that bring in hunt camps and set up and are careful of what they harvest..

Keta1969
07-15-2014, 05:17 PM
I'm curious as to who told you the results will not be released. The draw has been held but I wondered if anyone who had put in for a moose, goat or whatever actually got one in the area affected by the court decision. I also put in for a draw in that area and my result simply said not successful. Did anyone get a draw in these areas? I'm hoping even though I was not lucky that others were.

dakoda62
07-15-2014, 05:20 PM
Call the LEH # they should be able to tell you

dougan
07-15-2014, 05:24 PM
A civil war is on the horizon I'm almost sure of it!!

Keta1969
07-15-2014, 05:46 PM
OK perhaps I missed it when I first checked my results but I see on the web site that its all up in the air until they study the court decision. Also looks like may affect the GOS in 5-4 and 5-5.

Gr8 white hunter
07-15-2014, 05:50 PM
Send a letter to the Indian band and ask for your money back because there the one's who skewed you. Also call the news tell them your story.

Spy
07-15-2014, 06:21 PM
If the Government has no control over said lands, who is going to police "their" land? If you shoot a moose what are the Indians going to do to you??

monasheemountainman
07-15-2014, 06:31 PM
If the Government has no control over said lands, who is going to police "their" land? If you shoot a moose what are the Indians going to do to you??
Who knows what they'll do but I wouldn't put violence past them if they are that serious

gutpile
07-15-2014, 06:35 PM
Pay the indians to hunt there, you might not need a moose tag from the provincial goverment since
it's no longer part of bc

Mik
07-15-2014, 06:38 PM
When the Feds give them more $$$$$$$ they will back off. That's what they want $ and recognition

Spy
07-15-2014, 06:39 PM
Pay the indians to hunt there, you might not need a moose tag from the provincial goverment since
This is what Im thinking to..

Spy
07-15-2014, 06:46 PM
When the Feds give them more $$$$$$$ they will back off. That's what they want $ and recognition

No no, ;-) lol thats not how it works!! Once you kick everyone off "your"land you cant be expecting a hand out from those you just kicked off!

Mik
07-15-2014, 06:58 PM
No no, ;-) lol thats not how it works!! Once you kick everyone off "your"land you cant be expecting a hand out from those you just kicked off!
Lmao..... K I got it ;)

Mik
07-15-2014, 07:01 PM
ok settled then,(no pun intended), get over to HBC,( the Hudson Bay Co.), and buy some blankets for trade! LoL

Junmity
07-15-2014, 07:31 PM
Here's my email to LEH:
Just wondering if you could give me some info on this Leh.

5-4b is only partially effected by the title ruling. Will this hunt be allocated to reflect the reduced size then run or will it be skipped this year all together.

I understand you are very busy but I would love to get a response.

Here is their response:

At this time we don't know when the results will be available nor specifics about each potentially affected hunt. I don't know the answer to your question regarding 5-04 Zone B right now. While it is apparent that the recent First Nations title decision will have some impact on hunting within the title area, we are unable to provide details on the extent of that impact. The Supreme Court of Canada decision was given fairly recently, on June 26, 2014, and the province is currently analyzing that decision. Once more information is available it will be provided through the Fish and Wildlife Branch website athttp://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/ or perhaps in the LEH section of our website athttp://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/resident/leh.html#Status

Junmity
07-15-2014, 07:41 PM
my family put a shared hunt into 5-4b and opted out of several other opportunities thinking that we'd improve our odds by going in it together.....

At first glance, I thought it was simple since I was able to find the native land title map and overlay it on the LEH map. It does appear that only 20% was effected.

I thought.... re survey the zones, calculate the remaining size, reallocate the number of allowable animals and run the damn LEH.

Then I looked out the window and noticed that the survey company working on my neighbours house has already been there three times just pinning a 20Mx45M lot.

That can't be good.... how much work and time would it now take to redraw these LEH lines?

my fingers are crossed but I'm now planning on GOS. Good thing we live in a province with so many GOS opportunities.

Apolonius
07-15-2014, 08:37 PM
Those draws might never happen.It is a nightmare to plan around it at least for this year.You might be able to get a refund.Unfortunately people in this and other treads still believe ,if you five them money things will go back to normal.They want you out of there,period.No white person will ever hunt their land.And with more to come.As long as you have politicians that will sell their own race ,federally and provincially you are all f%&@d.Royaly!!!The white race is their own worst enemy.I am white too.Read what Harcourt did since he became premier,and now that he was/is ? at the Treaty Commission.People like this and lawyers sold us out.The intellectual left to this day ,professors from UBC/UVIC still support them.White people gave them horses,white people gave them guns to kill other white people.White people made them lawyers to take advantage of the laws ,WE made, so they can make you a refugee in your own country.And you believe you will get permissions to hunt "their" lands?Dream on!!!!We don't have politicians with the necessary size balls to stand up to them.And i firmly believe one day will come that maybe Canadians will grow balls and stand up to all this crap.The biggest mistake was when Gov Douglas turned around the Yankees.And if he signed the document with the chiefs that made BC Crown lands(to spare their lives),where is the document that it was signed back? But the intellectual left will never let it happen.Welcome to the new B.C…….the best place on earth.Campbell must be laughing his ass off.

panhead
07-16-2014, 09:38 AM
Was up fishing in the Chilcotin a good number of years ago and while camped at the lake a "notice to leave" was put on our windshield with a compliance time. Soon a native fellow showed up in a "security" jacket and told us we would be let out of the area as there was a roadblock not allowing anyone else in. We all mulled it over but decided to leave. When we got to the roadblock it looked like a large party. Heard later it was taken down on "welfare Wednesday." The thing that really pissed me off was the fact there were NO cop's to be seen anywhere. What about our safety?

After the game, the King and the Pawn go into the same box.

russm86
07-16-2014, 10:12 AM
Canada = The only place in the world where minorities rule...

Rhyla
07-16-2014, 10:45 AM
I have family affected by this, who have hunted there for as long as I can remember. I know he's right pissed off, and I am too. Our government needs to grow a back bone. They're so worried about being PC and not getting labelled racist that they just bow down and don't stand up for the rights of Canadians as a whole. I don't really care who I piss off. This is Canada. The double standards need to stop. One set of rules for all, that is the ONLY way.

markomoose
07-16-2014, 11:06 AM
Going to region 5-5 in 3 weeks fishing and yes I'm bringing home my limit of rainbows!

rjolly
07-16-2014, 09:48 PM
Can we stop blaming the government for a Supreme Court decision?

kyleklassen
07-16-2014, 10:18 PM
A civil war is on the horizon I'm almost sure of it!!dougan for prime miniter

field marshal
07-16-2014, 10:27 PM
dougan for prime miniter

Carefull now??? Remember where your "white ass" sits during waterfowl season???:mrgreen: Cheers---Field Marshal.

westcoast widgeon
07-17-2014, 09:00 PM
Any buck season in 5-4 this yr