PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on a new trailer

tav611
07-15-2014, 03:56 PM
http://www.fraserpacificequipment.com/home/model/3612g

I need to buy a new trailer. I have. A quad that I need to row and all my gear maybe a second quad. What do u guys think of this trailer. Will use it for hunting in the snow.i have a dodge 1500.
http://www.fraserpacificequipment.com/home/model/3612g

Ride Red
07-15-2014, 04:31 PM
Personally, I wouldn't go that small, but if you only have one machine it's fine. I learned long ago that if you think it will get you by, then you should buy one bigger cause you'll always use it and be happy you have it. Longer trailers tow and back up easier and usually have a better GVW. All my trailers now have electric brakes which I think is well work the extra cost. Good luck which ever way you choose.

northernguy
07-15-2014, 04:56 PM
Fraser Pacific is an outstanding outfit to deal with! Good products, great service, very fair prices. They'll point you in the right direction. Drop by and tell them what you need from a trailer and they'll get you lined out. They won't try to "up-sell" you either...

I have the 5x10 version of that trailer and I'm happy with it. The one you're looking at would handle 2 quads better than mine does...mine does fine but that bit of extra room for a dry box would be nice. I looked at the 6x12 and I kinda regret not getting it.

Either way, I think you will be hard pressed to beat the "quality for price" at Fraser Pacific.

Gun Dog
07-15-2014, 06:10 PM
I'm not a fan of those low side trailers. I bought this 5' x 10' atv trailer (http://www.fraserpacificequipment.com/home/model/TUCC510SA) although a 6' x 10' would have been better. The problem with a 5' deck is a side loaded ATV can sit on the fender. I side load one quad right at the front and the second one straddles the fender. That leaves 2+ feet at the back for gear. These particular trailers are 480 pounds. That 6x12 you posted probably weighs 1,000 pounds. My second choice would be a single axle flat deck since I can always add sides.

I ended up lifting the trailer since the stock wheel-fender clearance is lacking. Fully loaded the wheel would hit the fender.

mikeboehm
07-15-2014, 06:25 PM
http://www.expresscustom.ca/expresstrailer.com/viewitem.php?productid=182

CHEAM
07-15-2014, 09:45 PM
We load three quads on my friends 6 x12 but it has no tail gate on it. With three you may not be able to close the ramp. With two quads we load one up front and one back. Then pile all our stuff between them. You can also gain some ground clearance by flipping the axle. Springs on top instead of under.

markomoose
07-16-2014, 02:34 AM
I prefer a trailer with high sides .By the time I'm 100kms into the backcountry I pull the tarp off and my machine is almost spotless.I have my whole trip to get covered in mud!

hunter1947
07-16-2014, 02:48 AM
Looks good to get you can alter this trailer some what to suit you needs..

tav611
07-16-2014, 06:46 AM
Thanks guys I bought it last night. Off craigslist 900. Pretty good all around I think

tav611
07-21-2014, 12:24 AM
Have the trailer runs great but couldn't fit two quads on it today need to fabricate something so I can have two quads on it. Any suggestions ?

bigredchev
07-21-2014, 04:49 AM
i bought the 6.5(extra wide) x 12 from wholesale trailers and its been great to me. Only downside is the front quad has to be sideways and the rear quad in straight for the back gate to fit, otherwise i have to ratchet strap the gate up. NO biggie but here 2' would make a huge difference .Moral of the story, put you gear up against the house and see how much stuff you got. Its always more, and you can always used more trailer.

The high sided trailers and nice cause they keep road spray and dirt off your gear. I have the open railed low sided version and had to close it in with alum. and that made a huge difference.

fearnodeer
07-21-2014, 06:25 AM
Buy a bigger trailer.

Gun Dog
07-21-2014, 09:01 AM
Have the trailer runs great but couldn't fit two quads on it today need to fabricate something so I can have two quads on it. Any suggestions ?Sell it and buy the right trailer. A quad is almost 7' long so side loading over those rails will always be a PITA.

REMINGTON JIM
07-21-2014, 09:54 AM
Bigger Trailer ! :wink: RJ