PDA

View Full Version : 7-9 private land antlerless elk ( prince george )

Trevorg
07-15-2014, 03:19 PM
Apparently I didnt pay good enough attention and didnt realize the draw was private land only. Does anyone have any suggestions who to contact for access. Or what areas have ranches with problem elk.

markomoose
07-16-2014, 02:50 AM
Not a ton of elk in this region.Sorry no such thing as problem elk not to deter you from trying.Last years LEH said within a mile of private land now it's strictly private land.Good luck & Cheers Mark

shelg
07-16-2014, 09:40 AM
Try the Cattlemen's Association.

Trevorg
07-18-2014, 12:05 PM
Not sounding too promising so far. Just took a drive through the area to get an idea while I was traveling through and didnt see any real eye catching areas. Oh well I still got time

250 sav
07-18-2014, 02:31 PM
I had a private property cow elk draw in 7-2? a couple years ago so I looked up #'s for the local cattleman's, farmer's,ranchers assoc. I found who was on the assoc on the net and started phoning. I got positive and negative responses and in the end got permission and we got elk. I know a coworker who called the feed and ranch and farm supply stores and got the names of people who bitching about elk and that worked for him. Be polite even to the ones that say no they sometimes change there mind!