PDA

View Full Version : sighting in help.

walnutz
07-15-2014, 03:05 PM
Just wondering if anyone can share a good spot to sight in a few new rifles? Been to chilliwack and found not alot of good spots that are not usally taken so wouldnt mind finding something just past hope on the coquihalla. Just looking for a good spot to stretch it out to 300yrds. Wont leave a mess and usually end up cleaning others people crap anyways so if someone can reply or pm me what exit to take and where to go that would be awesome. Not looking to go past old toll booth if possible since i live in langley and going after work mostly. Cheers!

adriaticum
07-15-2014, 03:31 PM
Mission Rod & Gun

Goose
07-15-2014, 03:55 PM
There's POCO Rod and Gun Club as well.....its also open to the public, and has a 200 yrd range. I think Its 60 bucks for a 3-day pass or 25 per day. I find the people really nice, helpful, and professional there.
As for FSR's, its tough to find a good open area away from people, but theres lots out there, maybe someone can chime in

russm
07-15-2014, 04:03 PM
If you're gonna go to poco get there early or you'll be waiting for a bench all day...

walnutz
07-16-2014, 11:48 AM
Ya i should have mentioned id prefer to not go to a range since i go to dvc for pistol shooting alot i prefer to use the bush for long guns. Thanks

Shawn Smith
07-20-2014, 11:01 AM
If your considering the Chilliwack Valley I here there's a new law that states there's no shooting within 800 metres of Chilliwack Lake Road. Try the upper bench road there are lots of spots up there some with range out to 200 yards.

I'd Rather Be Hunting
07-20-2014, 11:39 AM
No point in starting a new thread for this question...I'm wondering where the nearest place is to Maple Ridge for the same thing. I don't want to go to a range (I sight in at the Logan Lake range whenever I go hunting)...I just want somewhere maybe off a logging road where I can go plink. I always clean up my shells/targets. If anybody has any suggestions, I'm all ears!

walnutz
07-20-2014, 09:15 PM
Any direction to get to the upper bench rd? Thanks

Gone_Fishin_
07-21-2014, 08:32 AM
Any direction to get to the upper bench rd? Thanks

Either Prest road exit, head south, left onto Baily.. follow Elk View rd until end. Or head down Chilliwack Lake Rd turn left onto Slesse Rd, turns into bench. Or keep going past Slesse until the active prison and turn left into chipmunk creek. Over the bridge and turn left, now on bench road.

Or good old "Lougle.maps" with work for ya.... gps... smart phone...