PDA

View Full Version : Nahatlatch Logging Road

bangbangkhan
07-15-2014, 12:36 PM
Hi everyone...any one hunted in this region in the past? are there any big mule deer our there?

Thanks!

Wild one
07-15-2014, 03:43 PM
Big mule deer can be found in any area that holds mule deer but the Nahatlatch would be far from my choice in areas to look for one. There is no easy big mule deer in BC you are going to earn them or have dumb luck. Go a little farther north or east and learn the area till you find out where the big bucks are hiding.

Nahatlatch sees a lot of pressure do to being close to the lower mainland.

When it comes to big bucks are just going to tell you go to Clearwater or start scouting hard

bangbangkhan
07-15-2014, 03:56 PM
clearwater is not that far...i can go there as well but i dont want to go to a new area and come back empty handed...after a loooong drive...is clearwater really that good of a place?

tim3500
07-15-2014, 04:04 PM
Thats why they call it Hunting ! So we can find out new places and if everything happens we dont come home empty handed. You have been pointed in a direction now .

Stillhunting
07-15-2014, 04:26 PM
I had a doe draw for the Nahatlatch about 15-20 years ago and took a small doe that looked more like a black-tail than a mule deer. I think its a transition zone for Mule deer and black-tail so the bucks are not likely to be as big as they are further east or north. I only hunted there the one time a long time ago though so I wouldn't consider this to be the best info.

bangbangkhan
07-15-2014, 04:27 PM
Thats why they call it Hunting ! So we can find out new places and if everything happens we dont come home empty handed. You have been pointed in a direction now .

alright...i will give it a shot in september...i think 3 days trip should be good. I got no problem in scouting...but wanted other point of views. Thanks

Wild one
07-15-2014, 04:51 PM
alright...i will give it a shot in september...i think 3 days trip should be good. I got no problem in scouting...but wanted other point of views. Thanks

3 days is not long and can easily burn those days without seeing a buck

Look farther north in 3 and look at high elevation in September be ready to hike

Clearwater is where everyone sends people looking for a big buck as a joke don't need to go rushing up there

bangbangkhan
07-15-2014, 05:07 PM
Clearwater is where everyone sends people looking for a big buck as a joke don't need to go rushing up there

now i am confused...

I usually hunt in the east 8 region but I have only shot one large buck in the last 3 years. so you think region 3 has more prospects?

odie1830
07-15-2014, 05:15 PM
Just pull out a backroads map of region 3/8 close your eyes and drop a pen on a spot! There are deer everywhere! September is warm so get in the thick stuff, hunt first and last light , know your prey! . I spent nearly 3 years learning the area I hunt ,so be patient .

plumberjustin
07-15-2014, 06:43 PM
We hunted pretty hard last season on both sides of the #1 from Spuzzum to Nahatlatch and back. Only saw a handful of deer, and heard even fewer gunshots in our travels. Not saying they're not there, but there's definitely more productive areas further north.

wsm
07-15-2014, 08:02 PM
hunt greenstone mount. i have seen lots of bucks there , only a few big ones before opening . only downfall is it's busy

bangbangkhan
07-15-2014, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the intel mate.