PDA

View Full Version : Hip Waders for a Quebec Caribou hunt

44inchStone
07-15-2014, 12:24 PM
Hey HBCER's.

Well I know plenty of you have been on Caribou hunts before. It's seems many of these buggers love the water. Wet feet is not an option.
My question is hip waders.
WHAT have you been using? I of course will be doing the usual long walks so they have to be comfortable too.
Many waders make your feet sweat like a SOB. Rubber is great but hot. Guess sometimes you can't have your cake and eat it too.
Not unless anyone out there has a better product.
Thanks in advance

srupp
07-15-2014, 01:10 PM
Used Cabelas bog dog? Neoprane welded to boot with a external buckle strap to keep em tight..comfortable, waterproof and not uncomfortbly hot.
Cheers
Steven

604redneck
07-15-2014, 02:22 PM
As Steven says I also used these same ones for guiding for moose in some real swampy areas

Sitkaspruce
07-15-2014, 08:21 PM
Used Cabelas bog dog? Neoprane welded to boot with a external buckle strap to keep em tight..comfortable, waterproof and not uncomfortbly hot.
Cheers
Steven

X3, actually a pretty comfortable set up.

Cheers

SS

blindcast
07-16-2014, 03:51 PM
Not sure why you want to go traipsing around in hip waders. Ungava Quebec is not like insular Newfoundland where you do a lot of bog slogging. Much more important to have a solid pair of hunting boots that give your ankles solid support. Depending on where you are going, you'll likely be travelling by boat to hunting areas and then do most of your hunting along ridges, dry ridges. You'll spend a LOT of time hiking and hiking in hippers is tough on the feet and stinking hot in August and the first part of September.

Moose Guide
07-17-2014, 09:25 PM
Best made hip waders that I have seen were "Sterns"!!