PDA

View Full Version : GD thieves :(

Foxtail
07-15-2014, 08:20 AM
So, my daughter left the garage door open last night and before I realized late last night and went out to close it, mine and my wife's bikes were gone. They left the kids bikes but took my iron horse maverick 3.3 and my wife's sportmart special. I'm pretty choked right now.

Spy
07-15-2014, 08:22 AM
Im sorry to hear that. I hate thieves! !!!

Steeleco
07-15-2014, 08:26 AM
Tis open season on those Bstards isn't it? Thieves are stupid, check Craigslist sometime later today

huntingtime
07-15-2014, 08:32 AM
That sucks, sorry to hear that. I always worry about leaving our garage door open so we tied it into our house alarm system. Now we cannot set the alarm without it closed.

Foxtail
07-15-2014, 08:52 AM
Ya, our neighborhood is pretty good but every so often some loser wanders through and either breaks into a car or tries to break into our mail room(townhouse complex). We have left the garage door open over night a few times and nothing has happened. If I see the guy riding my bike while I am still hot about this, I will not be asking for it back nicely. I am surprised they left the kiddie trailer though... Those things are crack head gold.

albravo2
07-15-2014, 09:01 AM
Crap, Foxtail, that sucks. Sorry to hear.

If you had lost a few other things at the same time (tent, sleeping bag, rain gear, boots) it might have been worth putting in an insurance claim...

rcar
07-15-2014, 09:17 AM
That happened to me a few years back. Stupid *******s actually drove by my house 2 days later riding our bikes.....guess what happened to them:twisted:

steel_ram
07-15-2014, 09:35 AM
Maybe the thieves left the garage door open? I came home one day and found the garage door open. Assuming my wife had just done it I closed it and carried on. It was over a month later when I went to reach for my chainsaw that I realised I'd been ripped off.

panhead
07-15-2014, 10:02 AM
Here's a tip boys (and girls), I got a little device on EBay that's called a Garage Door Butler. It automatically closes your garage door after a time you set. Easy to install. Bought 2 (1 for each door) and think I paid less than $20.00 each. Got lucky I think though, as I have seen them since for more money. Work great. Cheap insurance policy ...

“Once you have abandoned integrity, it never returns. Money is no compensation.

Foxtail
07-15-2014, 10:10 AM
Just took the dog for a walk all over the neighborhood, down all the back allies in hopes that it was just somedrunk kids taking them for a ride but no luck. Our neighborhood is actually great, the only problem is there is a path that goes from the corner of 184th and 64th right through our townhouse complex. This is where the losers occasionally travel.

Jagermeister
07-15-2014, 10:21 AM
I forgot to close my garage doors yesterday early morning when I went fishing. Came home in the mid-afternoon and everything as it was when I left. I did the same thing overnight a while back, everything was found as left. Nevertheless, I should not put temptation in the eyes of the simple.

Foxtail
07-15-2014, 10:34 AM
It just pisses me off so much. I work very hard for all the things I have and spend a lot of time researching and checking into things before I buy them. All so some waste of skin can just take it. Did I mention I hate thieves?

panhead
07-15-2014, 11:02 AM
Just took the dog for a walk all over the neighborhood, down all the back allies in hopes that it was just somedrunk kids taking them for a ride but no luck. Our neighborhood is actually great, the only problem is there is a path that goes from the corner of 184th and 64th right through our townhouse complex. This is where the losers occasionally travel.

sounds like a good spot for a snare ...

skuntor
07-15-2014, 12:30 PM
We have done the same thing just got really lucky. Although raccoons raided our pantry in garage one night.

07-15-2014, 12:50 PM
Yes, I have no use for thieves, but I'm surprised the NDPers and Liberals on here haven't told you it's your fault for leaving the garage door open! lol

barf_fly
07-15-2014, 08:32 PM
I concur with craigslist. My brother-in-law had his $3000 bike stolen out of his garage. Saw it on craigslist 3 weeks later. Called the RCMP to help approach seller. Serials checked out and got his bike back no hassles but couldn't pin it on the seller. Good luck.

Foxtail
07-30-2014, 05:09 PM
Guess what... I found my bike! My wife had the kids at the new dance school where she was doing some work and called me to pick them up when I was off work. Just as I was pulling up to the school, I saw a bike that looked very close to mine leaning up against the store. I went and took a closer look and sure enough it was my bike. So I went into the store and asked who's bike it was. The store owner asked why so I told him the story and he said it was his employee's bike. So I talked to the employee. Said he bought it at the cloverdale flea market a couple weeks ago for $50. The small gear bag was missing from under the seat. But otherwise it was still in the exact same conditions as I had it. It was pretty easy to prove it was mine with the parts I replaced. The kid said he would come with me to the flea market to try to get his money back. I will have no problem getting his money back if that's the case. The company I work for has a contract at the fairgrounds so I am there every Sunday. If the story is true I will have the vendor booted permanently. The kid gave me the bike back and said the guy might still have my wife's bike. So we will see.

deerslayer01
07-31-2014, 07:08 AM
That's great news. Glad to hear it.

Moose63
07-31-2014, 08:14 AM
great news... I had my bike stolen once...thought I had it in a concealed spot. My mistake was not locking it up.

Any thoughts to putting a trail cam in the garage;)

scretch
07-31-2014, 09:57 AM
We have two Labrador dogs with good ears and loud barks. So far they have done a good job and only ask to be fed twice a day. Both good on birds.