PDA

View Full Version : 5-02b bull moose hunt for end of sept

Battle bay
07-13-2014, 06:56 PM
Lucked out for a moose up in 5-02b late September. Spent lots of time fishing up in the area 10 years ago. Any info on good places to stay up there?

Bear Brawler
07-13-2014, 10:05 PM
We rented a great cabin on the N side of Horsefly lake a couple years back, butchers just up street towards town and I got my moose about 10 minutes from the cabin, there's a few smaller lakes just N up the FSR's and it was full of moose sign and I got a nice bull. Not sure if the number still works, or if they still own and rent it out but try calling, I kept the number in case I go back.
David Greenly
1-250-398-3349

LupieHunter
07-13-2014, 11:13 PM
There's a motel in Horsefly. Nice little place and very welcoming to hunters. We had a draw there two years ago and that's where we stayed. http://www.horsefly.bc.ca/accommodation.html

Battle bay
07-23-2014, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the info on the places to stay. Kitchen table looks like a war room, maps and lists starting for this trip. Shopping list for a new gun for the trip too.

Singleshotneeded
07-23-2014, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the info on the places to stay. Kitchen table looks like a war room, maps and lists starting for this trip. Shopping list for a new gun for the trip too.

Lol, been there and will again with the maps all over the kitchen table...well good luck, like Churchill said: Nevah surrendah! :-D
Be advised that the Cariboo Mapbook shows a few roads that go through an area and connect with where you want to go, but
in reality you come up against a closed ranch gate and private property.