PDA

View Full Version : 3-18 October bull draw,what do you know?

TexasWalker
07-13-2014, 02:50 PM
Been trying for a moose tag in region 3 for ten years,I usually hunt 3-19 though and put in for that draw where the huge bulls have been teasing me for years,but thought I'd try a different draw this year and low and behold we got it!

I've spent a bit of time deer hunting in 3-18 and shot a few bucks but never hunted moose in there.
I have seen a few cow/calves and an immature a few years ago so I have an idea of where to start scouting but any info I can get will help.

That being said they only give out a dozen tags so with no worry of a bunch of hunters wiping it out I want honey holes,GPS coords etc.:mrgreen:
I have good mule deer intel to trade for surrounding areas if you can point me to a good bullwinkle swamp!

PM's are preferred for specifics as I wouldn't want the 'competition' to read this!

Who has sucessfully hunted the 3-18 October bull draw?

thanx in advance,

Tex

TexasWalker
07-14-2014, 01:16 AM
Bueller??
Bueller??

bigredchev
07-14-2014, 12:02 PM
Do you go to the langely pub night? If so I got a tip easier to explain in person

TexasWalker
07-14-2014, 07:14 PM
Do you go to the langely pub night? If so I got a tip easier to explain in person

I might just have to attend the next one!!

Sniperdan
07-15-2014, 02:59 AM
sent you a pm

07-15-2014, 07:30 AM
Its not what it used to be thats for sure, they are there, seek high elevation with willow meadows or swamp area, Hunt the rut to your advantage, right after it dies fora bit. F/N has pounded it over the last number of years, that with beattle kill can challenge you but as said, they are there.