PDA

View Full Version : Nakusp family scouting trip I mean vacation

rides bike to work
07-11-2014, 10:34 PM
We are headed up to nakusp for a few days to enjoy the west kootneys and all it has to offer. We are also planning on going back up there for a family gathering in October wich me and my dad will be using as a hunting opportunity.
I've never been to the area so would like to use this summer vacation to do a little scouting.

So if anyone out there would like to help a brother out point me in the right directions for white tails elk and mulies we would much appreciate it.

Also any tourist attractions hidden gems that we should check out that will be much appreciated as well.( fishing spots as well)

Looking forward to the trip I love the kootz.

Everett
07-12-2014, 07:37 AM
A drive up Idaho peak is well worth the effort and bring your Mountain Bike lots good riding I am told in Nakusp, going to try and get out for a ride there myself this afternoon.

Salty
07-12-2014, 06:56 PM
Sorry no advice here but let us know how the trip goes :) I'm going to be passing thru that country for the first time fairly soon too going to my niece's wedding.

monasheemountainman
07-12-2014, 07:11 PM
You will have a tough time finding elk around there. It's very similar to revelstoke terrain. Definitely wouldn't be my hunting destination, but I'm sure there are some decent mule deer around there. Lots of bears!