PDA

View Full Version : Home at last

zpruden
07-10-2014, 08:26 PM
So I finally made it to Vernon and we are now settled in. My first order of business is to get my hands on some maps of the area. I already got the back road map book. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I was going to start at the search and rescue that's down the street from my house

finngun
07-10-2014, 10:27 PM
wellcome to vernon,,,if ya need good rifle range...salmon arm is not very far ,,and range is really good,,:mrgreen:

XPEIer
07-11-2014, 07:29 AM
everyone is going digital, grab an I pad, put GPS Kit app on it and you have Google earth or Bing images wherever you go.

PM me and I will give you a couple of my old honey holes from a few years back, doubt it changed too much.

xpeier

wrenchhead
07-11-2014, 08:28 AM
Backroads map books are a good start,and sorry finngun vernon has an awesome new range. East of Vernon down highway 6 are spots as good as any, lumby and beyond- both kinds of deer, moose,elk,bears,wolves. King eddy, Aberdeen, Harris, noble canyon, north fork, kettle are few main drags to start out your search.

boxhitch
07-11-2014, 08:49 AM
doubt it changed too muchthings have grown up a little since you were here iirc .
SAR won't be able to help with the maps , but Kencraft on hwy 6 had the best selection at one time.

zpruden
07-11-2014, 07:41 PM
Thanks everyone. Seen a few big deer already. Looking forward to getting some rounds down range

zpruden
07-11-2014, 08:00 PM
Does anyone know if a guy can get maps form the base or reserve units in the area?

boxhitch
07-12-2014, 08:06 AM
base or reserve units Of SAR ? Not structured that way here . And the maps they have are used in-house .

zpruden
07-24-2014, 09:01 PM
How about forest service road maps, and land owner maps? Can you still purchase them at service bc offices?