PDA

View Full Version : 5-02 Zone D Bull Moose LEH

Neil 30-06
07-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Can anyone help me out with some locations to hunt in this region/zone. The LEH is for Oct 15-30. I'm not looking for anybody's honey hole just maybe a nudge in the right direction.

First time in years I got my draw for a bully, hope not to get skunked on it. I'm also bringing out a friend that has yet to get a moose down so it would be awesome to see him s**t his pants gutting and dragging one out, :mrgreen:

I might consider looking for a cabin to rent there also as I'm not sure if I want to pull up my 30' 5er and having to pull it home through 2' of snow lol So if anyone knows some good cabins or hunting camps up there please let me know.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated and thank you in advance.

srupp
07-10-2014, 12:03 PM
Please call me or send a pm with your number..have good infomon your draw..I have the same area again

Steven

rifleman
07-10-2014, 01:33 PM
We got 5-02C Nov1st-15th. We stayed at Moorehead lake years ago. good access to 5-02c & D.

wingmaster
07-10-2014, 04:17 PM
See you there rifleman! got the same draw. Would also be interested in any advice as to where to start looking as its our first time back in the area after almost fifteen years

rifleman
07-11-2014, 09:15 AM
See you there rifleman! got the same draw. Would also be interested in any advice as to where to start looking as its our first time back in the area after almost fifteen years
Thats cool. R u going to be staying at Moorehead lake? we were only there once & got lucky & found a bull around Jacobie lk., Lots of logging rds to drive.
Find a nice area & try calling. You might get a young horny bull to come in.... We will be driving a '97 green dodge ram & a red quad. Hope to see you there.
Good luck. Cheers

wingmaster
07-11-2014, 10:35 PM
Thats cool. R u going to be staying at Moorehead lake? we were only there once & got lucky & found a bull around Jacobie lk., Lots of logging rds to drive.
Find a nice area & try calling. You might get a young horny bull to come in.... We will be driving a '97 green dodge ram & a red quad. Hope to see you there.
Good luck. Cheers

we havent decided on accommodation yet. my dad and uncle both in their late 80s are hoping to accompany us so we would likely be staying close to town somewhere with heat that they can stay in if they wish, not ideal but who knows how much longer they will be able to make the trip. we have had good success making camp in an area near where you found your bull in the past but it could very likely be overgrown and we dont know of the recent logging activity in the area.

keep your eyes open for a grey chev with black canopy and an older red atv and well do likewise for your rig. best of luck!

srupp
07-12-2014, 11:08 AM
bump with the offer...

steven