PDA

View Full Version : Need a decent lake for the weekend

russm
07-10-2014, 06:59 AM
A buddy of mine just finished getting his boat together and we wanna take it out on Sunday he wants to do the mouth of the Vedder for springs but I'm a little Leary until we see how the motor runs etc, I was wondering if anyone can direct me to a decent trout lake that won't be over run with people in ski boats etc the boat has a 6 or an 8hp motor and a trolling motor so gas motor friendly would be a plus, I've kinda been slacking on trout for a few years thanks in advance.

markt308
07-10-2014, 07:44 AM
Try chilliwack lake. It's beautiful, almost no traffic, camping and some nice trout in there

Wentrot
07-10-2014, 07:46 AM
Cant give any specific help but I would say to find a lake with a motor size restriction, its the only chance you have of avoiding the gongshow that this heat brings to the waters.

allan
07-10-2014, 07:48 AM
I'm sitting on the beach at cultus lake right now. The gong show doesn't start till about noon each day....

russm
07-10-2014, 07:50 AM
Cultus is just too much lol even if you're tubing or skiing....

Foxtail
07-10-2014, 08:30 AM
Try that little lake, right in Hope. Kokanee are in there thick.

russm
07-10-2014, 08:40 AM
Try that little lake, right in Hope. Kokanee are in there thick.

Mis that the name of the lake? Lol, what would one use for Kokanee I've never fished them.

adriaticum
07-10-2014, 08:43 AM
Mis that the name of the lake? Lol, what would one use for Kokanee I've never fished them.

Kawkawa lake

Foxtail
07-10-2014, 10:57 AM
Gold, and silver dick nights on down riggers... Between 25' and bottom. Stick to the cabin side.

coach
07-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Gold, and silver dick nights on down riggers... Between 25' and bottom. Stick to the cabin side.

Great suggestion!

huntingtime
07-10-2014, 02:00 PM
If your looking for a lake without ski boats Kawkawa is probably not for you. We went there 2 weekends ago and most of the fisherman were all off to one side of the lake by the slide and even still the wakeboard boats would go by us again and again in a big circle around the lake. The lake is very small for this. The guys on the boards would be mere feet away from our rods sometimes. I certainly don't plan to go back there anytime soon.

russm
07-10-2014, 03:11 PM
Might be a change of plans in the works lol, my brother and sister in law just had a baby and he hasn't had the boat out this year, and an Aussie friend is in town on Sunday perhaps a "congratulations on the baby sturgeon trip" might be necessary!