PDA

View Full Version : Argo's in the Muskeg (Video)

Rock Doctor
07-09-2014, 10:16 PM
I took the family out and dropped them off for their annual fishing/summer VA. I say "Their Summer VA" because I had to turn around and head back to work after I set them up. I will be making another trip out in a couple weeks to bring them some fresh groceries and probably some more fuel.
Here are a few clips of the trail we went in on this year. The girls are getting older, and drove the machines in themselves this trip.
This is some of the trail between the truck and the "half way" creek. Mostly along a Pipeline ROW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_xC-eKBTws&feature=youtu.be

RD

Rock Doctor
07-09-2014, 10:17 PM
This is a place we call the S-Hole. Most of the time it's not this easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLu3JFkkIyg&feature=youtu.be

RD

Rock Doctor
07-09-2014, 10:17 PM
This is a look at the second half of the trail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV_iQPQASI4&feature=youtu.be

RD

emerson
07-09-2014, 10:32 PM
Good stuff. Warms my heart to see parents letting kids do
real tasks. Builds great confidence for later.

SingleShot
07-10-2014, 01:25 AM
Felt like I was right there with you all. Great driving by the girls. Seems like a lot of water for early July. Is that the norm or has it been a wet summer?

longwalk
07-10-2014, 06:13 AM
Good stuff. Warms my heart to see parents letting kids do
real tasks. Builds great confidence for later.

Agree. The things they will have seen and be able to do once they step out into the world that their peers will have will have no idea about. Good job RD.

Stresd
07-10-2014, 07:37 AM
Excellent Vids and nice driving by the girls. Sure shows the benefits of tracks.:cool: Still have just only the tires on my Argo 8x , but Often thought about getting a set. Would be a must if I spent much time with my machine, in the type of country your in. Thanks again for the great pics.:cool:

boxhitch
07-10-2014, 08:10 AM
Good videos again , RD. Those units really do the job in that country.

The Argos too.

Good2bCanadian
07-10-2014, 08:20 AM
Cool videos.

My quad would be hopeless thru some of that muck.

huntcoop
07-10-2014, 09:03 AM
Always like your vids Rock!

pete_k
07-10-2014, 09:23 AM
I remember one of your first vids. One of the kids was still in a car seat. Growing fast.

Rock Doctor
07-10-2014, 11:47 AM
Good videos again , RD. Those units really do the job in that country.

The Argos too.

Took me a second, but I just about bust a gut laughing, lol.

Had to send a couple jugs of water out to them yesterday (coworker was flying by ). Other than that they should be fine untill I get back out there.

RD

albravo2
07-10-2014, 11:51 AM
Wonderful adventure for all. Love your videos. Thanks for posting.

BimmerBob
07-10-2014, 12:04 PM
Love the vid's RD, those girls are going to have a lifetime of adventures in before they are twenty! Simply awesome, thanks so much for bringing us along on your trips, always look forward to them.

KodiakHntr
07-10-2014, 12:42 PM
Not often you see a kitty cat going on a backcountry vacation....Nicely done!

Rock Doctor
07-10-2014, 12:55 PM
Not often you see a kitty cat going on a backcountry vacation....Nicely done!

3 actually. I counselled against the idea, but was outvoted. Turns out that daddy can be right some of the time. One kitten has moved on to greener pastures full of plump mice and slow birdies it was a very sad moment, filled with many tears.........
The wild can be a dangerous place sometimes, and although there is probably a lesson here, I do wish I had not had to deal with said lesson at the time.

RD

KodiakHntr
07-10-2014, 03:01 PM
Ohhh, that ain't so good. Some lessons are harder learned than others though.

nature girl
07-11-2014, 05:45 PM
I enjoyed your videos. I like how your wife is so relaxed in the argo just letting her daughter do the driving. Life can't get any better then that.

Fred1
07-11-2014, 06:48 PM
What!?!? No iphone!?!?! That's where kids need to be, in the mud and fresh air doin life stuff! Well done!

gutpile
07-11-2014, 06:51 PM
Where are your dogs ? didn't see them in this video

604redneck
07-11-2014, 07:35 PM
Thanks for sharing!

pronghorn
07-11-2014, 08:05 PM
Great videos as always, I'm amazed at how big the girls are getting. Great job...

Rock Doctor
07-11-2014, 09:59 PM
Where are your dogs ? didn't see them in this video

At the start of the first vid, you can see the white dog (Trigger) in the back of the Argo I'm in ( before I trade places with my wife ). We stopped on the way to the trail head so he could have a pee break. He jumped down into the ditch and hurt a front paw/ankle, he showed quite a bit if pain. We decided it would be best if he caught a ride in on this trip. By the time we arived at the lake, he jumped out and took off exploring like nothing was wrong :-)
My wife had an accident with the black one (Remmy) the winter before last.

RD