PDA

View Full Version : Hunting revelstoke

Brad talkkari
07-09-2014, 06:03 PM
Hey y'all, so like the thousands of guys out there I got a big fat NIL with LEH. My question is what is the moose hunting like up the east side of revy lake 4-38. Used to be a popular spot for wacking good size bears but the wolves were so overwhelming last few trips up there in 08-09. How have to moose faired? I also noticed that its open for immy as well now a change made a few years ago. Was thinking of mate doing a little scouting trip myself but wonder if you gents have any input first. Thanks,

Fisher-Dude
07-09-2014, 06:23 PM
Moose populations have been cut to <20% of what they were in an effort to help caribou in that area. They are still there, but densities have been reduced drastically.

Great place to go camp, fish, and putter around, and hey maybe an immy will walk out. But, it's less of a "moose destination" than it was a few years back.

604redneck
07-09-2014, 06:39 PM
I saw a bunch of a moose this spring and last fall it's a thick unforgiving area as u probably know but if u message me I'll tell u a spot u may have success at a moose but there are way better areas for moose bear and deer. I almost got a wolf with my f350 on the downie fsr. Little ******* was fast and eventually got off the road before the first bridge