PDA

View Full Version : wilson lake

mikeboehm
07-06-2014, 07:21 PM
Has anyone been up to wilson lake on the west side of Chehalis lake. Just wondering the conditions up there. Looks like a nice place to explore

CHEAM
07-06-2014, 10:08 PM
I went up there many times about twenty years ago. Lots of fish with big heads in that lake. Some goats to be seen in that country also if you look up.

Ricky Bobby
07-06-2014, 10:24 PM
Heard they were logging there, haven't been past chehalis in years though.

recoil
07-06-2014, 10:24 PM
Quadded into Wilson lake about 7 years ago, the trail was extremely rough and one machine rolled on the way back out. There was a gnarly creek crossing and a rock garden area with many basketball sized rocks everywhere. I would think it would be a hike in lake now unless someone did some major work. Lots of mosquitos also. Not sure about the fishing but I have heard lots of 10-12 inchers. The lake itself is very scenic.

adriaticum
07-06-2014, 10:47 PM
I don't think you can get there since the slide.

mikeboehm
07-06-2014, 10:48 PM
U can get to Chehalis lake

mikeboehm
07-07-2014, 07:30 AM
The slide is farther down on the west side of Chehalis lake

adriaticum
07-07-2014, 09:35 AM
The slide is farther down on the west side of Chehalis lake

Ok, I saw it was a bit past. My understanding was that they closed that road completely.
I was in the neighbourhood last year but more to the right of the lake.

mikeboehm
07-07-2014, 09:37 AM
did you mean they closed Chehalis lake area. because I can hang at the lake the last two weekends and the last three years and it's all been open at the Rec site there

adriaticum
07-07-2014, 10:04 AM
did you mean they closed Chehalis lake area. because I can hang at the lake the last two weekends and the last three years and it's all been open at the Rec site there

I haven't been there since December and more towards the Hemlock Valley side.
Yes my understanding is that access to the north side is closed.
Could be old information maybe they have reopened it.
Someone told me that you can get there a different way (long way and tough 4x4 road) but I don't know what that's about.
I will definitely be revisiting these areas this summer.

Sasqman
07-07-2014, 10:52 AM
U an get right up to skwellepil campsite on west side of chehalis lake, halfway up. The slide site is about a km past the Skwellepil campsite. The campsite is it great shape and open. The access road to wilson lake is on the left hand side just before Skwellepil. I have heard it is about an hour and a half hike. Here is a good trip report from 2004. I believe the conditions are about the same.
http://www.clubtread.com/sforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6810