PDA

View Full Version : primos trigger stick

kelmore
07-04-2014, 09:14 PM
does anyone in the lower mainland have one of these in the tri pod version?

pin_head
07-04-2014, 09:23 PM
Yup, me and my buddy both. We've got the mono pod versions. Haven't shot off it a whole lot yet. Have hiked many miles with it as a walking stick. So far I'd say it's a good piece of kit and I'm happy to have it.

Cheers,
Brad

.330 Dakota
07-04-2014, 10:35 PM
Good to know,,I was looking at them the other day in Ft St John

bearvalley
07-04-2014, 10:41 PM
They are great until they break.

Wentrot
07-05-2014, 06:57 AM

Mine gets solid use each weekend and it is still going strong, I even fell on it last weekend and it didn't break. What busted on yours?

Pioneerman
07-05-2014, 08:18 AM

Everything is good until it breaks, I have had the tall bipod version for well over a year and works very well, Great walking helper for my bad knee and good solid adjustable rest

landphil
07-05-2014, 08:35 AM
I borrowed the current style bipod version last fall, about 1 km into the hike they got stashed in the bush and retrieved on the way back as the telescoping legs clicked loudly every time the foot touched the ground. I personally wasn't impressed - maybe some individual ones are better than others, but something to watch for.

d6dan
07-05-2014, 08:45 AM
I have the bipod tall and it works well even on uneven ground. 3 years now and no complaints.

Pioneerman
07-05-2014, 09:07 AM
Landphil send them back or tell friend too, they are completely silent, no clicking noises and smooth quiet operation.

kelmore
07-06-2014, 09:51 AM
thanks guys

landphil
07-06-2014, 08:07 PM
Landphil send them back or tell friend too, they are completely silent, no clicking noises and smooth quiet operation.

Thanks - they belong to my father-in-law so I'll pass the info along to him. I didn't see any warranty info on their site, but I would expect some for that price range - I had no idea they were $140ish.

Pioneerman
07-06-2014, 08:19 PM
Bipod was $99 at Can tire and the Tripod I think was 20 or 30 more, but might be mistaken. If he lost the rubber strap that wraps around the legs it might have been them clicking together, other than that no noise at all from mine

Darksith
07-07-2014, 03:33 PM
I have the full height tripod...although I haven't used it yet. They are solid and sturdy and should work great as a shooting rest but more importantly as a spotting scope tripod. Im not afraid to mod mine if it clicks or something silly, but a solid tripod is a must for a good spotting scope, and this seems like it will do that and everything else I need.

kelmore
07-07-2014, 05:28 PM
I had a tripod that I used for my daughter to shoot with, but the legs quit working and of course I lost the reciept. primos said they they cant honour the waranty withought the reciept but would give me a good deal on another all i have to do is show them a pic of my currant one. the only problem is i was out camping with my girl a few weeks ago when we got a call from my wife and had to pack up camp and leave pronto. the trigger stick was forgotten. So long storry short I'm looking for a photo of a tripod trigger stick to save myself a few bucks, and get my kid shooting again. Any chance one of you could help?