PDA

View Full Version : Long Distance Shooting spot in the Lower Mainland

AJJ
07-04-2014, 01:25 PM
Ive been getting good groups at the 290 ish yard Mark at the Mission Range, and would like to find a range or spot to shoot further.
Ive been researching the BC Rifle Association about shooting in their F Class Open Discipline at the Vokes Range, however they don't allow Magnum Calibers, I shoot a 7MM Rem Mag.
So my question is, is there any public time at Vokes? and I don't think there is but I figured Id throw this out there, just in case.
My second question is, does anybody have a long distance spot on an FSR they could PM me? we had one in Mission but road in isn't always open due to a gate.
I realize what Im asking may be interpreted as asking for someones shooting Honey Hole, but never herts to ask. You can always PM me.
Finally Id prefer this post didn't swerve off in the direction about the merits of long distance shooting, as that question has been debated on here several times.
Thanks

bigredchev
07-04-2014, 02:06 PM
Lots of good places outside squamish, best area persoanlly. Too many damn people east of chilliwack and to the north ie) stave

Machinist
07-05-2014, 09:11 AM
To shoot at Volks you have to join the BCRA / DCRA the you can come out and participate in Matches and club 600 , it's all on scheduled days , the practise days are posted on the BCRA website , look for club 600 hundred dates , it's not like a standard range you can only shoot on the days posted , the shoots are geared to Fclass competition , can't say if I have ever seen anyone with a standard hunting rifle shooting out at Volks ,
Magnum calibers and muzzle brakes are not allowed in FClass competitions.