PDA

View Full Version : True or false????

flyboy
07-02-2014, 10:13 AM
I was told today that I needed a permit to place a salt block/salt pellets at my trail cam site??? Never heard that before!! I am baiting?? WTF I thought it was only classified as baiting in BC if you bait bears. SALT???????? TRUE or FALSE

d6dan
07-02-2014, 10:16 AM
False. Somebody's feeding you a line of c**p.

digger dogger
07-02-2014, 10:25 AM
Dan is correct!

flyboy
07-02-2014, 10:31 AM
that's what I thought. left me a note on my cam telling me I better have bait permit. At least they didn't steal my cam..

North49
07-02-2014, 10:33 AM
WHO left you a note? A CO or some random dummy?

bigredchev
07-02-2014, 10:37 AM
I'd venture to say some anti-hunting type who believes they know what they are talking about, which to me, is the worst type as they are usually uniformed but high opinionated.

capper911
07-02-2014, 10:56 AM
It's perfectly legal to bait ungulates..... Check the regs, I'm pretty sure there's a section about baiting.

Gateholio
07-02-2014, 10:57 AM
I've never heard of a "bait permit" for cameras or hunting purposes.

However, there are many hunters who don't really know the laws for the jurisdiction they are in (in this case, BC) and come up with all sorts of imaginary laws that are mismashed from other states and provinces. Some of the more common ones:

Baiting for deer is illegal
If you post "no hunting" on your property, you can't hunt either
You need a minimum of .24 caliber for hunting big game
Weapons used for hunting are restricted to those on Page 16 of the regs
And it goes on and on and on and on and.....

BRvalley
07-02-2014, 11:15 AM
if they've found your cam and left a note like that, seem inevitable they will cause further drama....perhaps post your own note on the tree to inform them and find a new spot for your cam

morris
07-02-2014, 11:24 AM
If they found your cam and left you a note you should have a pic of them no?

Singleshotneeded
07-02-2014, 11:24 AM
I was told today that I needed a permit to place a salt block/salt pellets at my trail cam site??? Never heard that before!! I am baiting?? WTF I thought it was only classified as baiting in BC if you bait bears. SALT???????? TRUE or FALSE

Absolutely false, you can put a salt block and/or plant clover anywhere you like...

finngun
07-02-2014, 11:40 AM
Absolutely false, you can put a salt block and/or plant clover anywhere you like...

well im not sure about private property,,maybe not..without permission:confused:

flyboy
07-02-2014, 01:10 PM
If they found your cam and left you a note you should have a pic of them no?

not exactly, they were smart to come from the side. all I got was half a hand when they tried to jimmy it. Actually was a timber cruiser as they were laying block boundry out. actually placed the flagging tape on my cam tree. So I will have to move it as the plan looks like to log the area. Damn!!!!

Singleshotneeded
07-02-2014, 01:40 PM
well im not sure about private property,,maybe not..without permission:confused:

Lol, well no, not on private land without the owner's permission! If he's a hunter though, I'm sure he'd love it! :-D

emerson
07-02-2014, 01:41 PM
Probably a back easterner thinking their knowledge is the only truth, forgetting this is BC, not "central Canada".

lovemywinchester
07-02-2014, 02:01 PM
Probably a back easterner thinking their knowledge is the only truth, forgetting this is BC, not "central Canada".

Hey, I resemble that remark! Now don't forget: Deer tags attached to the antlers and moose tags attached to the nose. I'd hate to have to make a call to the Ministry of Natural Resources about this.

hunter1947
07-05-2014, 02:25 PM
Legal to bait deer elk with salt or feed illegal to bait bears in BC..