PDA

View Full Version : elk

wsm
03-01-2007, 08:33 PM
i am going to be spending a fair bit of time this next season chasing a herd of elk in the okanagan. i come across them every year while im hunting deer. so i decided this will be the year i hunt elk. from all of you elk hunters any tips or hints about hunting elk would be greatly apreciated, since i've never actually hunted elk. i usually just come across them. THANKS!

Davinci
03-23-2007, 05:26 PM
I am a new hunter as of last year. Went on a great elk hunt in Idaho...live in Kelowna though and am look'n to do some Elk hunting in the Similkameen this year. I purchased Elk Hunting the West - The Eastman Way Book...good read for a nubi like me. Good hunting.

rocksteady
03-23-2007, 06:58 PM
You can read books or online info til your butt cracks but you will learn more by going with an experienced, successful elk hunter and learn from him. There is a ton of stuuf that the books don't tell you and every time I go out I still learn something new...

Derp
03-24-2007, 01:33 AM
I live in the fraser valley (port coquitlam) and I'm getting my hunting and firearms licenses. Can anyone take me on one of these elk adventures next season? that'd be soo cool!

Dirty
03-24-2007, 08:21 AM
I live in the fraser valley (port coquitlam) and I'm getting my hunting and firearms licenses. Can anyone take me on one of these elk adventures next season? that'd be soo cool!

Sure, you can stay in camp and cook!:lol: