PDA

View Full Version : 2nd North Shore Rescue supply cache looted and vandalized

snowplayaa
06-27-2014, 11:48 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/2nd-north-shore-rescue-supply-cache-looted-and-vandalized-1.2689648

What kind of person does this? Hope Karma is a bitch in this case!

popeye
06-27-2014, 11:59 AM
What really burns me, is OK I get it...you're a thief.

But, then to use the chainsaw to cut up the helicopter pad??? OK, now your just an asshole.

AND, to hike in that far just to be an asshole...but, sorry, I've got no sympathy for whatever beating is coming your way in life.

popeye
06-27-2014, 12:05 PM
But, a thumbs up to London Drugs for donating $10,000.

Gr8 white hunter
06-27-2014, 01:05 PM
What the hell is wrong with people?

Ron.C
06-27-2014, 01:11 PM
The comment below was posted under the CBC article, obvioulsy some don't have a clue. X2, thanks to london Drugs for stepping up.

"Okanagan Bob Guest"

If you leave stuff worth many thousands of dollars out in the bush, of course thieves are going to steal it. If necessary, stock a truck, or trucks, in towns and in a garage like a fire hall. Just putting it out in the bush is begging for it to be stolen."

dakoda62
06-27-2014, 01:17 PM
Hopefully Karma will bite these A###holes.

Big Lew
06-27-2014, 01:35 PM
The comment below was posted under the CBC article, obvioulsy some don't have a clue. X2, thanks to london Drugs for stepping up.

"Okanagan Bob Guest"

If you leave stuff worth many thousands of dollars out in the bush, of course thieves are going to steal it. If necessary, stock a truck, or trucks, in towns and in a garage like a fire hall. Just putting it out in the bush is begging for it to be stolen."

I agree, thanks London Drugs for your generous contribution.

As for whoever is the actual author behind the "Okanagan Bob Guest", you show your complete and utter ignorance on the matter. In any emergency situation far from roads and quick access, mere minutes sometimes are the difference between life and death. Having those re-supply and supply sites are those precious minutes.
It would be the absolute justice if those thieving vandals hurt themselves and died because those sites were empty.

albravo2
06-27-2014, 01:39 PM
What really burns me, is OK I get it...you're a thief.

But, then to use the chainsaw to cut up the helicopter pad??? OK, now your just an asshole.

AND, to hike in that far just to be an asshole...but, sorry, I've got no sympathy for whatever beating is coming your way in life.

X100. Well said.

Wentrot
06-27-2014, 02:09 PM
I hope karma takes care of whoever did this.

Foxtail
06-27-2014, 03:43 PM
What bothers me is that these cashes are being targeted... Which means its someone that knows where they are. They are around a 2 hour hike into the bush. The help pad thing is more than just a thief, that took anger. I'm thinking a disgruntled ex SAR member. I hope I am wrong though.

goatdancer
06-27-2014, 04:56 PM
What bothers me is that these cashes are being targeted... Which means its someone that knows where they are. They are around a 2 hour hike into the bush. The help pad thing is more than just a thief, that took anger. I'm thinking a disgruntled ex SAR member. I hope I am wrong though.

A 2 hour hike packing a chainsaw, some SOB has a real hate on.

coach
06-27-2014, 06:05 PM
A 2 hour hike packing a chainsaw, some SOB has a real hate on.

Chainsaw came out of the cache.

I agree with those who'd like to see karma bite these losers big time! :evil:

goatdancer
06-27-2014, 06:41 PM
Missed that. Still, hiking in that far to steal and trash vital equipment for SAR takes a sick and twisted mind. Too bad they didn't have an encounter with a pissed off bear or two........

Jelvis
06-27-2014, 06:59 PM
Just in, Drugstore chain gives ten thousand dollars to the volunteer F and R.
On the news just now folks.
Honor this store for this by dropping in.
This is what life is about.
Jel . and not just at Christmas, all the time like these fine people.

lovemywinchester
06-27-2014, 07:14 PM
A trail cam set up would have been a great idea at this sight. Karma is a real bitch as said before. This clown(s) will get theirs.

albravo2
06-27-2014, 08:21 PM
Disgruntled SAR? Maybe, but that makes the person doubly twisted.

You tell the average dude that you no longer require his services, anytime, anywhere, in any weather (but mostly at bad times in lousy places and crappy conditions) for nothing but a sense of pride and the smart guy says 'Thank You'.

He would also know how much effort everybody puts in and how important those materials are.

Sick and twisted.

Tamahi
06-27-2014, 11:29 PM
An ex-SAR member would never do such a thing.

These thieves have demonstrated their ignorance, and the extent of their callous attitude towards anyone who has the misfortune of becoming lost or injured on the north shore.

clte
06-30-2014, 01:27 AM
I'm surprised they/he/she wasn't seen. It's about a 2 and a half hour hike out to the first one, a bit shorter to the second ... but it's a pretty heavily trekked on trail with lots of walkers and trail runners closer to Lynn Valley at all hours. That and there's Rangers out there. Not sure how frequent but every year I run into rangers 2-3 times on that trail.

Pete
06-30-2014, 08:39 PM
These thieves hurt everybody!!! As a lifetime member of SAR it sickens me that someone would stoop so low as to do this. Not only the thefts but the destruction of the landing pad and other vital equipment. Words cannot describe how many of us feel... What kind of sick warped individual would do this....when they are caught, and they will be, post their pictures to show the world what a useless piece of skin they are. My only hope is the punishment fits the crime!!!!!

6pt_elk_wannabe
06-30-2014, 10:22 PM
The thing is that the idiots that vandalize these places are the same idiots who get lost and need these resources

Singleshotneeded
06-30-2014, 11:19 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/2nd-north-shore-rescue-supply-cache-looted-and-vandalized-1.2689648

What kind of person does this? Hope Karma is a bitch in this case!

People convicted of stealing things like this, that can save the lives of folks in dire straights, should be hung by the neck until dead like rapists, killers, and pedophiles.

clte
06-30-2014, 11:42 PM
These thieves hurt everybody!!! As a lifetime member of SAR it sickens me that someone would stoop so low as to do this. Not only the thefts but the destruction of the landing pad and other vital equipment. Words cannot describe how many of us feel... What kind of sick warped individual would do this....when they are caught, and they will be, post their pictures to show the world what a useless piece of skin they are. My only hope is the punishment fits the crime!!!!!

Am hiking that trail tomorrow. If I see them don't worry i'll report the hell out of them.

olympia
07-01-2014, 09:30 AM
i kinda wonder if someone is pissed because they have a "garden" in the area